Group Messages in Spectrum 2
cjlmoss

I am having an issue with group messages.  When someone sends a group message that I'm part of, I receive it as an individual message even though I have the group function enabled.  Furthermore, I can receive replies from someone else in the group to the original sender but it comes to me as an individual message.  Again, this goes beyond just checking off the Group Messages box.

Thanks for any assistance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Group Messages in Spectrum 2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cjlmoss, group messaging is a very useful feature of many phones and also works differently in many phones. When you're sending a new group message, does your phone change the message to a MMS/picture message? If not, it appears that the phone is working as designed. On my previous device, it functioned this same way. I was able to receive replies from others who had phones capable of group messaging, but they came as an individual message. If the phone has full group message functionality, messages to/from the group will show as a MMS and show all the recipients in the subject.  The phone may have the ability to send messages to groups and respond to the whole group, but it doesn't appear there is a way to change it so that all messages appear within the group like a picture message. This is a function of the phone itself.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cjlmoss

That's the odd thing.  They DO come in like MMS/picture messages but then show up as an individual message.  I've learned to live with it but it becomes hard to decipher (especially when I haven't checked my phone for a while) which messages are group texts and which messages are individual texts when I exhange both with certain people.

0 Likes
jayTman

My Razr M phone has a setting to leave messages as a group or break them individually. What is odd is that I have to turn mobile data on, wifi off in order get the messages. Then I have to open it and download it like a MMS/picture message and then it gets moved to the conversation and open it again.

0 Likes