Group Message Not Functioning Properly
The_Sire

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S6 about a month ago.  It was working well, except starting about a week ago, group messages aren't being sent to me properly.  When I receive group messages, I don't get a notification, however the "Message +" icon on the bottom of my phone will have a number on it (which indicates the quantity of unread texts).  When I check the messaging app, it will show that members of the group message sent me messages individually, except when I open them, all I see are blank messages with a "download" button on them.  Sometimes if I hit "download", the message will show up in my group message, but other times, nothing will happen.  Eventually, all the messages do get converted to group messages and do get sent to my phone, except this often doesn't happen until hours later (and by then the subject of the conversation has long since changed).  I would guess that this is due to poor service, except this happens at my home (where I have great service) and individual messages get sent to my phone just fine (which wouldn't be the case if I didn't have service).

Could someone please help me by explaining what I can do.  Do I need to delete texts?  Reset the phone when this happens?  This issue was a recurring issue on my Galaxy S4, so I was hoping it would go away with the new phone (and this issue didn't happen until 3-4 weeks into owning the phone).  I've read in some places that this could be due to Iphone messages not converting correctly, but I don't think this is the case since one of my friends in the group message has an Android phone (and I don't receive group messages from him).

Thank you in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Group Message Not Functioning Properly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with group text messaging The_Sire. I know the importance of receiving group mesages in a timely manner. Does your phone have the latest software update? Are you using a 3rd party messsaging application? If so, that application may need to be updated.

Where are you located?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
The_Sire

My phone does have the latest software. The message app is called

"Message+". It does appear different than my old default messaging service

(for the Galaxy S4), but it was pre-installed on my phone as a default

messaging service (so I don't believe it's third party).

I'm in the Philadelphia area.

On Aug 25, 2015 3:58 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update The_Sire . Lets try to reset the message settings. Select Apps >Settings > More >Default messaging apps> Messages. Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes