GizmoGadget will not connect with GizmoHub on iPhone
Aly8270

I'm trying to set up my daughter's Gizmo Gadget and cannot get it to link with my iPhone on the Gizmohub app.  Anyone else having this issue?  It is activated, but can't use it.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: GizmoGadget will not connect with GizmoHub on iPhone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here to help! May we ask if you are receiving an error message of any sort when attempting to link?
KleoLVZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Aly8270

It just says "unable to link to your Gizmo." I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app 10 times now, powered down and rebooted both devices, followed all of the troubleshooting tips, and called the GizmoGadget. When I called it, the Gizmo said "someone tried to call you, but you have to connect with the GizmoHub app before..."

0 Likes
erichards2

I had the same problem connecting to our iPhones; after contacting customer support and exhausting all options I then used my brothers android (non-verizon phone) to do the initial linking. Surprisingly, it worked! I was then able to add the other iPhones without a problem; the only complaint is that I am unable to transfer the primary-caregiver "admin" functions to my phone without wiping everything. Hope that helps! I got it to work on both iOS 9.2.1 and 9.3.1. If anyone has a way to transfer the primary-caregiver settings to another phone I'm all ears! Additionally, just bought the device today if that adds perspective.

Dunn

0 Likes
MWeinhauer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had the same problem, disabled WiFi and switched Settings...Cellular to disable LTE (and force 3G, which is what Gizmo uses), restarted the phone, then it connected immediately.

mjarvis

For what it's worth, in my case, the problem was that I had typed my wife's phone number in wrong when I added her as a caregiver.  It kept saying that she wasn't listed as a caregiver, so couldn't connect.  But when I finally double checked the number, I noticed I mistyped one of the digits.  I deleted the wrong number as caregiver and added her again with the correct number, and everything worked.  Seems stupid now, but if you're having that problem, it's worth double checking your typing to make sure you didn't mistype something.

0 Likes