Re: Getting duplicate text messages..
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

Ok, i dont know. i selected the phone to create the thread so not sure why that doesnt pull through.

ANyway, how come you didnt answer anything else in what i just wrote..you ignored the things i updated on you - why?  Any other suggestions? Something that could help me eliminate the duplicates? There is no way to disable the HTC messages app. Does anyone have any suggestions???

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I didn't answer your questions because I didn't have any suggestions. I'm not an employee to have access to see if there was a tower issue. I can't see your phone to get any visual clues about the problem.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gmopro1, we've been waiting on you. We're here to help. Let's makes sure that this isn't a memory capacity issue. Try deleting all unwanted text messages, power your device off/on and test the text messaging feature again.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

Ok, you didnt say anything on those questions so i was wondering why..now i know.

This is still an issue and i guess my only solution is to reset phone.. but i dont want to.

At least it is only 2 texts that are the same.

0 Likes
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

I deleted many of the threads ,but still have the issue.  I guess i will need to delete all of the threads and that will take a while. Thx

0 Likes
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

I called HTC, they recommend clearing data from the vz msg app. Then if that doesnt work , do a reset on the phone. i havent done this yet. Deleting the threads didnt help. Still getting dupes.

0 Likes
Jimmy2Lips

It's happening with more than one contact but not all of my contacts. All applications are up to date

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes