Re: Gallery App is Malware?
Snn5
Legend

Since no one here is responding to reason, have fun with the paranoia-fest.

0 Likes
Vespasia
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same blessed thing happened when I opened my Note 3 this morning!  Having read all relevant posts herein, and being a "veteran" of decades of digital stuff, I think this is a fault of the Verizon update that apparently took place on Sept.8.  I just hate when they do this kind of thing; it throws every victim into a time-consuming tizzy  & "they" whether Verizon or Microsoft or whatever, never apologize, repay us for our time o&/or angst spent on the problem - And, until the information trickles down to their "front line" people, they generally blame us, the consumers, for having done VZ protect something incautious!  I do NOT believe the Gallery is malware-infested. I do believe Verizon caused this problem. I do doubt they'll ever apologize or compensate any of us fro having done so.  I am going to tell the VZ Protect program to "keep" the 2 apps (both actually Gallery apps), & go on about my business - after uninstalling the "google" Antivirus a guy in my local Verizon store installed today in a benighted attempt to help. "they" mean well...but, really!  [Read somewhere, they're "working on a fix"!]  Cheers, Vespasia

Vespasia
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please read my post. It's post 21.  Every reason to believe that all this hoopla was caused by Verizon update - made by Verizon 9/7 (I erroneously said "9/8" in my post).  It is highly, highly unlikely to be malware.  Cheerie-bye, Vespasia

0 Likes
Pink131980
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not ignoring your logic. 🙂 I completely agree that disabling it would help, but I want someone from Verizon to see and respond to this. I'll also be downloading a new malware/virus protector.

Verizon still needs to let us know what is up.

jillybug
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here for 2 days. 

Badger_294
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have exact same problem. Called tech support, they sent me to second tier support. She wanted me to factory reset my phone...Glad I looked here instead...

Don't reset your phone.. Verizon needs to read their own support site messages.....

Pink131980
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke with Verizon support on Twitter, as mentioned above; they said it is a known issue that they are working on.  Since my phone is not exhibiting any other problems they pretty much said to sit tight and they're going to work on it.

Badger_294
Enthusiast - Level 2

I appreciate your comment and adding to the discussion. I think the more responses to this thread the better...then maybe Verizon will take notice and do something...

Badger_294
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was trying to respond to Snn5 with that post...

saccors
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone still seeing this issue?