Galaxy s 5
Roxy5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone know how to stop this dang visual voicemail from alerting? It's not an app you can disable

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy s 5
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can help, Roxy5! If you go to your Voicemail application, once the application has loaded please select the menu icon (three vertical dots). From there, select Settings. You can then disable notifications for your voicemail.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Roxy5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I'm sorry to say that you can't help me. When I launch the voice mail

app, all I get is "welcome to visual voicemail. Due to a change in your

phone you need to update. After the update voicemail will be free"..... I

can only select activate or call voice mail. There is NO menu I can

select.

On Dec 12, 2014 6:31 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

To Disable Visual Voice Mail

1. Sign in to your My Verizon online account. On left side of page in Blue letters find the drop down menu. Click to drop open menu then go to change features and locate Basic Visual Voice mail.

2. Go down the list of included features and under Additional Features is a Red Add or Remove botton. Locate the button Basic Visual Voice Mail and click Remove.

3.Below that you will see options for your Voice mail service and then choose the Basic Voice Mail to use and click add.

4.When you're done making changes click next at the bottom of the screen and then ok.

5. Go into your device and set up your required Basic voice mail program in a normal manner. You may continue to receive error “new voice mail message for a period of time”.

Roxy5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you!!. Did such. Will see what happens. .

0 Likes
GoogleGlass3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the same problem and this worked for me, I did however get some of those new install voice mail messages a couple a day for about 3 days and then it stopped.

0 Likes
Roxy5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey, if it works, I'm perfectly fine with it..

Just sad you have to rip your heart and donate it to get something

resolved. No one wants to "own" a problem in this society anymore, just

pass the buck ! !

Roxy5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you very much! Not 1 pop up since turning that dang thing off. Yipee

0 Likes
Not applicable

GalaxyClass wrote:

To Disable Visual Voice Mail

1. Sign in to your My Verizon online account. On left side of page in Blue letters find the drop down menu. Click to drop open menu then go to change features and locate Basic Visual Voice mail.

2. Go down the list of included features and under Additional Features is a Red Add or Remove botton. Locate the button Basic Visual Voice Mail and click Remove.

3.Below that you will see options for your Voice mail service and then choose the Basic Voice Mail to use and click add.

4.When you're done making changes click next at the bottom of the screen and then ok.

5. Go into your device and set up your required Basic voice mail program in a normal manner. You may continue to receive error “new voice mail message for a period of time”.

I wasn't aware one could disable basic visual voice mail once a device was upgrade to VoLTE. The upgrade specifically said that basic voice mail was not compatible. That's ok I prefer the visual voice mail anyway. much easier.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I was under the impression  that  was  the  case  also. In talking to a VZW rep he pointed out that some areas  not fully  operational for VoIP their network software

would step down to a 3G grade signal with reduce features.

Target date  for my area Springtime  ? .

0 Likes