Galaxy S6 edge Update
Mikelneo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can anyone tell me when we are supposed to get the new Android 6.0 update?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S6 edge Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

New updates are always exciting to experience Mikelneo. While they often offer new enhanbcements for a device, the main purpose of an update is to resolve and reported knonw issues to the developer. May I ask what issue are you experiencing that you feel a software update will resolve? While there isn't any official info on if/when there will be a software update on the S96 Edge, a great way to stay informed is to visit our news site weekly.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/news

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
VB350103
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think what this customer is asking for is the new Android Marshmallow Update that was announced by Samsung released about 3 days ago.  I read that Verizon takes about 6 months after a release for them to roll out the update to their customers.

daddyd01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agree. Flagship phones should always have latest version of OS as soon as possible.  I have S6 Edge Plus, and am disappointed that Marshmallow isn't even on the horizon for it. $800+ for a phone, and one expects to have the latest, but Starbucks will hit the market,  and WILL have Marshmallow OS when it does, while S6 models will be all but forgotten by Big Red, and new OS version push will take the back burner for it, as if they aren't the slowest of all the providers, already,  to push upgrades. I should've held out for the S7, as I was screwed on the holiday  $300 off, anyway. Sheesh!

daddyd01
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is supposed to read when "the S7 hits the market" NOT "Starbucks" damn predictive spelling!

Mikelneo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know they sound like the latest Android update it just a fix that isn't going to happen. My S6 edge runs fine as is, I'm not experiencing and problems just want to have the latest bells and whistles for my cell. I pay enough every and feel i deserve it.

Mikelneo
Enthusiast - Level 2

"Every month" that is