Galaxy S5 thinks it disconnects during update, repair.
Japhasca

I plugged in my Galaxy S5 to my computer to transfer some pictures and I got prompted to update. At 66%, it said it was disconnected (it wasn't) and I needed to run the repair utility. I did that, and at 83% it said it was disconnected again and told me to try again.

I did some searching and found people had the same problem (and at the same percentages) with other, earlier model Galaxy's, so I tried some of their fixes:

*Plugged USB into back, motherboard slots. Repair still stopped at 83% and told me to try again.

*Removed battery, restarted. Tried again, currently at 5% and taking forever.

What's going on here? This is absurd. I shouldn't have to worry about losing my data or bricking my phone during an update, and apparently this problem has been around since at least the S4.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S5 thinks it disconnects during update, repair.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is definitely not normal, Japhasca. We're here to help out with your phone. With regards to what is happening, does your phone return back to normal if powered off and restarted? (Without being connected by USB to your computer) What is the software version that your S5 is on currently?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S5 thinks it disconnects during update, repair.
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Try using the Samsung Kies software program and not the Verizon on phone HD version. Also your phone can be updated from your settings. Go to settings and tap update phone, if any updates are available they will download, install and auto-reboot.  here is the Kies link.   http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/

0 Likes