Galaxy S5 is stuck on 3G
innuendo
Enthusiast - Level 2

This just started this morning, but no matter what I try (reboot phone, airplane mode on/off, Network Mode set to Global), my phone is only getting 3G.  Other VZW users around me have 4G.

Anyone know what might be the issue?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S5 is stuck on 3G
innuendo
Enthusiast - Level 2

4G is back today.  After a day on 3G no matter where I was and people around me on VZW 4G, it seems to have magically resolved itself.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

innuendo,

Hmm that's interesting let's ensure you can get the fastest connection possible! What's your zip code? Is this happening everywhere or just one location? Are your other services working okay? Do you get any error messages when you attempt to connect to the internet?

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
innuendo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've seen it both at home (30075) and at work (30144).

Other services work fine, and I can connect to the internet, it's just running at 3G speed.

0 Likes
innuendo
Enthusiast - Level 2

4G is back today.  After a day on 3G no matter where I was and people around me on VZW 4G, it seems to have magically resolved itself.

0 Likes
innuendo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Well, 4G didn't last long.  I had 4G for about 4 hours yesterday, then back to stuck on 3G regardless of my location.  This continues today.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

innuendo,

Hmm that's interesting, let's see what is going on. Please power off phone, remove SIM Card for about 10 seconds, put SIM Card back on and power back on. Are your text and calls working okay?

KarenC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
innuendo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Verizon Wireless Customer Support

I removed the SIM for 10 seconds and replaced.  Still on 3G (I tried this yesterday as well).  I also noticed yesterday when I tried to place a call, I got a fast busy signal the first 3 attempts before the call went through on the 4th attempt.  I don't use texting, so I'm not sure if that is working correctly or not.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for trying that process, innuendo. We want you to get the signal your phone should be getting. The best next step is to help get you a new SIM card, since the SIM is what tells your phone what signal to get. You can visit one of our corporate store locations where we can install, activate, and text a brand new SIM card for you, free of charge. Here is a link to help locate a store near you http://vz.to/1NI4DWL
StevenG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes