Galaxy S5 getting "To charge faster use original charger" message after recent update. Phone is barely charging. Orginial charger is being used.
Chandra2303

After I did the recent update to my phone last week I am getting the "To charge faster use original charger" message. My phone is charging extremely slow. I am using the original charger. I have tried taking the battery out and restarting the phone and I have also tried starting the phone in safe mode - I did not have any luck fixing the problem.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S5 getting "To charge faster use original charger" message after recent update. Phone is barely charging. Orginial charger is being used.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get this issues resolved for your son's device AZSALUKI. Are you using any battery saving apps on your son's phone? Have you tried to remove any problematic apps or apps you no longer use? Here is a link with info about high risk apps that may cause functionality issues with new software http://vz.to/1wI4Vm1 .

If you continue to have issues, you can try a factory reset. Make sure your data is backed up first before attempting this step and please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S5 getting "To charge faster use original charger" message after recent update. Phone is barely charging. Orginial charger is being used.
AZSALUKI
Legend

my son's s6 is doing the same. his even does it when it's NOT on the charger. also, his original charger doesn't work at all since the update. he uses mine, which the device should still recognize as the charger that came with his, since it's the same one. i haven't found a solution. he wants to return it, but i want to wait a bit since he'll get a refurbished one and his is only a couple months old.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chandra2303,

Let's look into this together. I know that this would certainly be a concern for me, too. Thanks for trying those troubleshooting steps. Do you use the cable plugged directly in to the wall, or charge through USB on a computer? If the wall, have you tried different outlets? Thanks.

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Chandra2303

Hello,

It is being directly plugged into the wall, I have tried different outlets as well as tried using my Verizon car charger all with the same results.

I took the phone into Verizon yesterday and was told that it is an issue with the latest software update and that Samsung is working on correcting it. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done until a new update comes up. Verizon said they have been having this issue a lot since the update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get this issues resolved for your son's device AZSALUKI. Are you using any battery saving apps on your son's phone? Have you tried to remove any problematic apps or apps you no longer use? Here is a link with info about high risk apps that may cause functionality issues with new software http://vz.to/1wI4Vm1 .

If you continue to have issues, you can try a factory reset. Make sure your data is backed up first before attempting this step and please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes