Galaxy S3 not sending texts anymore
ecase727

My Galaxy S3 is no longer sending texts.  The problem started quite suddenly yesterday morning (11/18/14) for no discernible reason. Nothing changed about the phone between Sunday when it worked and Monday when it didn't.

I'm using the default messaging app that comes with the S3. As far as I can tell, it seems to be happening to every text I send, regardless of what kind of phone is on the receiving end. Tested it on people both with droids and with iphones. 

What happens is I send the text and I get the little "sending" icon, which on an S3 is a little spinning cirlce thing.  That goes on for awhile and then I get a message informing me that the text failed to send.  One time of the several times I've tried, I got the error message, but the person on the receiving end still received the text.

The only thing that changed is that I was roaming with voice/text only, overseas (Japan) for 2 weeks.  My texting worked fine while in Japan. However it has not worked since I returned.  Nothing about the phone in terms of apps or software or hardware has changed between when it worked and now.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S3 not sending texts anymore
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get this resolved ecase727! Is everything else working on the phone (calls, internet)? Please try powering off the phone and removing/inserting the sim card here http://vz.to/1yPARrl test and share. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ljcleland

Verizon support can you please message me I can t post a question for some reason

0 Likes
ecase727

All other services function properly, including sending voice calls. It's only texting.

Turning phone off and removing/reinserting sim card did not resolve the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ecase727,

Thanks for trying that out. Let's go into the settings of the phone. Please go to Apps>Settings>More Settings>Default Messaging App. Under this menu, is Messaging selected?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ecase727

Yep it is. Only other option is Google Hangouts, which is not selected.

0 Likes
ecase727

Anyone there?  This issue is still not resolved.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Do a force stop on app and clear cache and data, do a restart and go back and try texting.

0 Likes
ecase727

Did not work Smiley Sad

I'm starting to think this is a service problem, not a software one, as nothing on the phone changed, but my phone switched from roaming globally to being back home when this problem started.

Verizon? Any ideas?

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

You may want to also try a new SIM card from Verizon,just go to a VZW corp. store and they are free.

0 Likes