Galaxy Note 4 Screen issue, should I get a replacement?
Androidphonefan1

Hey everyone, so 2 days ago I bought a Galaxy Note 4 and I love it, but today I went into a Verizon store to buy a case and they suggested I replace the phone, since it's within the 14-day replacement period. I asked what the issue was and they showed me that my screen is noticeably darker on one side than the other, and that it would get worse over time. The top half looks pinkish and the bottom looks yellowish. 

I hadn't noticed it before, but now it's bothering me. It really is dimmer on the top half, especially when I use the phone landscape-wise. They then told me that is was a known issue with the Note 4 and I would have no problems getting a replacement from the other Verizon store I got it from.

Yeah that's true, but is it worth it? I looked online and it seems to be a real problem with the Note 4. If it's a known issue won't the new one have it as well? They told me I could ask to check the phone before replacing it. Anyone NOT have this issue on their Note 4? Then I'd feel better about replacing it.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy Note 4 Screen issue, should I get a replacement?
Snn5
Legend

You can, within 14 days, return the phone and get a different model.  There is a restocking fee though, but at least you wouldn't have to worry about the screen anymore.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can, within 14 days, return the phone and get a different model.  There is a restocking fee though, but at least you wouldn't have to worry about the screen anymore.

0 Likes
Androidphonefan1

I really like this phone though. The Note series has done my mom proud. I just want to know if anyone had this issue and a replacement was flawless or what? I think I'll stick with the Note Smiley Happy Thanks though.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you can live with the screen discoloration and the fact that you say it is a known issue past 14 days, I say go for it.  Smiley Happy  Good luck.

0 Likes