Galaxy Note 3 KitKat Software Update
PowerhouseKSAP

I am not happy with Verizon or Samsung at the moment and here's why. Google released their new version of the Android software called KitKat months ago. It's update 4.4. I have yet to see it on my Galaxy Note 3 even though as of this writing, Verizon is currently selling new devices that already have KitKat on them. I was a long time Apple iPhone user and I only switched to my Galaxy Note 3 because I wanted a larger phone so I could take notes on the go. The unit itself works fantastic and has never given me an issue, but this whole update thing is absurd. I do not understand why Verizon and Samsung can not just release the software as it is built by Google. Why mess with it? When Apple has a new software release, they say, we're going to release it on X date and they do as promised. Why is it so hard for Verizon and Samsung to do the same? At this point, I have decided that when my contract is up, I am switching back to iPhone to get the updates as promised and have them be unstripped and changed. Has anyone received the update yet?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Note 3 KitKat Software Update
ChayzzDevyant
Enthusiast - Level 1

Actually verizon has had the update for some time now. Samsung and google have nothing to do with verizon being late for updates. With every update verizon is dead last when It comes to android updates and fixes. If you want updates fast, Purchase a nexus 5. Regardless the 4.4.2 update is broken and full of issues for the note 3. Most likely verizon will release the update after they add their bloat and useless apps. Verizon will always be the last with android updates and it's rather sad. Kit kat brings nothing new to the note 3 line sadly even with a few cute features like the lock screen music UI. I would suggest keeping 4.3 until the 4.4.2 update is fixed. Install the update and prepare for heavy battery drain, signal strength issues and other bugs other users from the other carriers are experiencing.

Re: Galaxy Note 3 KitKat Software Update
Naterz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm pretty sure I'm going to edge up back to AT&T.  Worse decision ever was to leave them for Verizon.  That was certainly not worth it.  So I'll be back with them within 1-2 months, and definitely will look into something other than an Android device.  They're only for people who don't care about being supported properly...

Just terrible customer service.  Embarassing.

I wonder if T-Mobile has LTE here, though, cause if they do that's a no-brainer.

Only thing having me waiting is waiting to see if the new iPhone will have a bigger screen.  The 5S was too small, and not "future-proof" enough for my tastes, but I may just go with AT&T and then "Edge Up" to the new iPhone when it comes out.  It would be worth the better user experience and peace of mind.

0 Likes