Galaxy Nexus - not receiving texts from iPhone 4s
xg33kx

This morning, my girlfriend sent me a text from her iPhone 4s, synced to my computer with her Apple account, on the same contract, to my Galaxy Nexus.  I kept getting texts from her, and every text I sent appeared to have sent, but she didn't get a single one from me after her first text this morning.  The messaging web app gives me a "failed" error with a delivery status of "319066302769."  Both phones have messaged each other fine since the day we signed the contract until today, and we've both been text messaging other people perfectly fine.  My phone number has never been associated with an activated iOS device on Verizon or any other carrier.  In fact, I've never owned an activated iOS device on any smartphone plan (except in college, I had a loaner iPod touch for iOS development, registered to my school email on a different computer, a loaner Macbook Pro).  Every thing I found on Google is the opposite, Android users unable to receive texts from iOS users.  Thanks for any help in advance

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Nexus - not receiving texts from iPhone 4s
cylemmulo

Not sure if I've ever heard of this happening, but possibly the iphone is having some mixup thinking it's dealing with imessages , have her try and turn off imessaging and try again. Kind of a long shot but worth a try, also a kind of easy one, try restarting both phones (though I assume you've tried this).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

xg33kx,

It's important to be able to communicate with loved ones and we certainly want to get the ball rolling on a resolution for you.  I agree with Cylemmulo, try powering off the iMessage feature on your wifes phone, then try rebooting both devices to see if this helps at all.

EfrainM_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
xg33kx

Still nothing.  Brought it into a retail store and they were stumped as well.  Sometimes it will work, but when we actually need to text, like when we're away from each other and not next to each other testing to see if it works, it stops working again. 

0 Likes
xg33kx

Just realized how I misworded the title.  It should be iPhone 4s not receiving texts from Galaxy Nexus

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi xg33kx,

That is definitely an unusual situation. I'm sure it's frustrating that it isn't working when you need it. Do either of you have trouble with texting anyone else? Try turning off Wi-Fi on both devices, and see if the problem persists or continues when using only the mobile network. Please keep us updated with this situation so we can help to resolve!

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes