Re: Galaxy Nexus no data connection
Wildman
Legend

:smileysurprised: I cant believe another Motorola with issues at release...   Hmmm  I see a patttern  :smileyvery-happy: , sorry to hear you having issue but it not surprise.

0 Likes
Bot

Um...the Galaxy Nexus is not a Motorola phone.  :smileysurprised:

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Bot wrote:

Um...the Galaxy Nexus is not a Motorola phone.  :smileysurprised:

:smileysurprised:  Ha Ha, brain fart moment;;;  You are correct, I actually wasnt meaning to post Motorola but I was at work and someone walked up behind me so I finished post quickly and sent without reading...

Thanks for pointed that out... :smileyvery-happy:

Dropped you a couple kudos for that one... :smileywink:

0 Likes
Bandit390

Unless verizon wireless sends me a free network extender, I won't help improve their service anymore than I already am by paying my bill.

My phone has the same issue and remember we all have until Jan. 15th to decide if we want to return the phone.

0 Likes
franklin270h

@OldCEDAWG

"My GNex came with 4.0.1 and upgraded to 4.0.2 in about an hour after I got the phone.  They have already anounced a 4.0.3 for some small upgrades to do with social connections.  

One of the developers that got his phone about a month ago said that he had already got 4.1 as a tester and that it vastly improved his 3G and 4G speed and connectivity."

are you referring to 4.1 or 4.0.1? Not asking in a doubting way, just making sure not a typo. I have no doubts that an update is in the works as a lot of people seem to be having low signal strength on the G-Nex (myself included)

And I'm not obsessing over it. Yeah, it's annoying. And it should be better. But every LTE phone that's been out yet has had to have 1 or 2 radio updates to get "right"

0 Likes
OLDCEDAWG

My post was not a typo.  My phone came with 4.0.1 and in an hour updated to 4.0.2 then the next day I read that 4.0.3 has been announced but not yet sent out. I also stated that a developer that I follow on Twitter said that he had received an update 4.1 that vastly improved his connectively and signal strength.  He got his phone about 3 weeks early as he is a tester of the phone.

His OTA of 4.1 is much newer and a higher update than what the public has at this time.

My problem is does this update come out before I need to return the phone or not.  If it does not come this next week as much as I would hate to do it I will have to return the phone and go back to my old friend (DROID X).

0 Likes
matt34533

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/12/19/this-is-why-your-verizon-galaxy-nexus-or-other-4g-lte-vzw-ph...

Take a look at that. It does a god job of explaining issues with Verizon's 4G LTE on phones including yours.

0 Likes