GS5 running 5.0 just master reset and deleted microSD card
adeck20
Enthusiast - Level 1

My GS5 running 5.0 just reset while I was walking, it wasn't being used just held.   The red Verizon screen came on the phone for 5 minutes then everything was gone/reset.  Including all the data I had saved on my microSD card.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: GS5 running 5.0 just master reset and deleted microSD card
adeck20
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, I have changed my Google password.  I had all my recent pictures/videos backed up to my microSD card. Figuring that was redundant and safe, I turned off the cloud service backups for pic/vids. It's really frustrating losing several months of pictures/videos of your first child, lesson learned.

On a side note 5.0 sucks really, really bad compared to kitkat.

View solution in original post

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

It may be that someone has your Google password and did a remote wipe of your phone, did you have that feature set up ? Also their are one or two cases I've heard about where is was done by a computer mistake. Do you have everything backed up?  Also change your Google password ASAP. Sorry you had this happen.

0 Likes
adeck20
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, I have changed my Google password.  I had all my recent pictures/videos backed up to my microSD card. Figuring that was redundant and safe, I turned off the cloud service backups for pic/vids. It's really frustrating losing several months of pictures/videos of your first child, lesson learned.

On a side note 5.0 sucks really, really bad compared to kitkat.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

5.0 is still somewhat of a nightmare for most S5 users and no update yet to correct any problems.