GS3 cant access certain websites using mobile network
Elden
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't access certain websites on 4gLTE but i can access the same sites when connected to Wi-Fi and with a laptop connecting to my phone with mobile hot spot. I called Verizon and they went through the troubleshooting with me and they couldn't find anything wrong so they suggested resetting my phone to factory settings which I did with no change. I tried booting in safe mode so there was no downloaded apps active, no change. Does anyone know what would cause this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: GS3 cant access certain websites using mobile network
Elden
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey it's working now! !

It was the hardest thing to find.

The strangest thing was that I was accessing the one site on 4g previously and it suddenly quit. Everything else worked perfectly, calling, texting, email, other websites, even on Wi-Fi and mobile hotspot I was able to access the sites I wanted to. It had everyone stumped.

Turns out it was a programming glitch on the websites where short codes were used to specify php (which most servers recognize) instead of long codes.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Elden,

So sorry to hear about your trouble accessing websites while connected to the LTE network! I've seen that happen before and different things can cause that to occur. Safe Mode eliminates most 3rd party app interference and the Factory reset most operating system issues that may have caused the trouble. Let's see if we can pin down a cause and a solution for you.

I have a few questions to get a clear understanding of what is taking place related to the webpages. You wrote "certain websites." To clarify, does this mean you can go to some webpages and load them just fine consistently? If it is just certain webpages, what are the web addresses? What happens when you attempt to go there? Was there ever a time you could access them with your GS3?

Some quick questions about your network experience. Can you send and receive email without issue at the same location you have the webpage trouble at? How many bars of signal strength do you have there? What zipcode are you having the trouble in? Are you using a VPN when it happens?

Look forward to helping you get to the bottom of it,

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Elden
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey it's working now! !

It was the hardest thing to find.

The strangest thing was that I was accessing the one site on 4g previously and it suddenly quit. Everything else worked perfectly, calling, texting, email, other websites, even on Wi-Fi and mobile hotspot I was able to access the sites I wanted to. It had everyone stumped.

Turns out it was a programming glitch on the websites where short codes were used to specify php (which most servers recognize) instead of long codes.

0 Likes