GPS signal is lost and so am I, why is this happening?
mattyshore
Contributor - Level 1

I am new to my current area. I NEED the GPS to work when using Maps. Every time I need to make a turn it looses signal. Then I get lost and Verizon's answer it to hard reset my phone. If GPS signal gets lost just trying to use it normally, what would happen if I get lost in the woods and need rescue, will the gps stop working then too? Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: GPS signal is lost and so am I, why is this happening?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mattyshore,

Hello, good afternoon! We don't want you lost out in this big world. Let's get that GPS back on track and get you to the right place. What kind of smartphone device do you have? Has the GPS worked before in the past? Also, are you using Google Maps or are you using a different application? Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: GPS signal is lost and so am I, why is this happening?
Tuna
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would try checking the app store to see if Maps has an update or not to get the latest map. One thing I like to do when using Map is to have wifi active when loading a route. By using wifi to load the map and route guidance, I rarely get a signal drop. But if you're out and about without any wifi then your best bet is to use the Map when you have a decent signal strength.

0 Likes