Re: G3 LOLLIPOP?????
stef7
Master - Level 2

VZW doesn't code the OTA, nor the bloatware.

I'm a G2 owner, and while there are some attractive things about the newer UI, perhaps one or two new features and programs... KK was mature and very feature rich. Lollipop is simply not a step-function improvement in functionality or usability. Perhaps the G3 owners are awaiting some patch to come bundled with the OTA to fix something on their devices. Otherwise, there's a good possibility they are going to ask themselves, is this it? (when they get it).

Thankfully, the OTA for the G2 has gone relatively well, but I wouldn't have missed a thing if I never upgraded, or if it were delayed several more months than it was. I'm hoping, as has been suggested, the G3 OTA will be solid.

I feel sorry for Samsung owners.

NoblerZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm waiting on lollipop for bug fix reasons.  The UI skin could be lime green and hot pink for all I care as long as my camera and ok Google functioned properly along with a browser that could load any site I can think of.  I'm wanting it for the behind the scenes stuff, yes.  Not the superficial ui.

Tidbits
Legend

Google has to fix OK Google... if you Uninstall the Google update it'll work find and dandy. So it's a bug that Google introduced.

NoblerZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, this is why I said you need to keep your mouth shut tidbits.  I'm on my 3rd g3 in 4 months.  I've done every walk around possible and the only remedy I've found is to disable ok Google.  I've contacted Google, LG, and Verizon about the issue..   All know about it and all three have told me the only remedy is what I just said.  That being said, but out of this conversation please.  Who wants to be a cheerleader for the folks ripping us off?  I guess you do.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Oh really. I have had one and have not updated Google app and have no trouble whatsoever. There's plenty of documentation that backs thar up and Google acknowledged it in their Bug report pages as LG devices weren't the only ones affected and they mared it low priority

. Sorry have a great day

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Tidbits, there is no need to stop commenting here. As long as you are not violating TOS you are free to comment anywhere you like.

NoblerZ, I have a G3 as well. I had an issue with my phone not working on calls. People couldn't hear me or they told me I sounded far away. It was the Google app. When I updated it it messed up my phone. I rolled it back to a previous version and disabled OK Google. It has since been updated and I haven't had any issues but, then again, I haven't enabled OK Google either. I guess I will try it out over the weekend. However, there is no need to be nasty to others on the forum.

Biggdubbya
Enthusiast - Level 3

By the way there is a lollipop update out for the G3, just not over the air (OTA) yet. You must plug it into a computer and not be rooted and running the software VS98512B to do it. Just click on the LG Verizon upgrade assistant and the click up grade and let it do it's thing. after your done it will show your running Android 5.0.1 software version VS98523C.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I can't seem to get my device to grab this update via the software. I am not an idiot, I know how to use a computer and I have sold, trouble-shot and diagnosed mobile devices for quite some time. This is perplexing.

0 Likes
Karrieanne
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am looking forward to the update!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Me too and apparently it's available but I am having difficulty getting it.

0 Likes