G'ZONE COMMANDO ADVERTISING A SCAM! NO VERIZON SUPPORT ON DESIGN FLAW
evemono

Unintentionally, my Commando was dropped approximately 3 feet (from my lap in the car to the driveway) during a heavy downpour.  The screen cracked.  After a visit to the Verizon store, and being told I had to file an insurance claim for my less than 60 day old phone - pay $100 deductible and get a refurbished phone, I decided to contact Casio directly.

Well you don't contact Casio directly - you contact a repair facility.  After sending it in, it was returned as "EXTREME LIQUID DAMAGE - NON REPAIRABLE".  I have contacted the repair facility trying to understand how a phone advertised as having undergone vigorous military testing and can withstand 1m of water for 30 minutes and being dropped from 4 feet 26times INTENTIONALLY cannot handle an unintentional drop from 3 ft in a rainstorm?  They stuck to their response of 'EXTREME LIQUID DAMAGE - NON REPAIRABLE".

I then was able to find a number for Casio.  The agent I spoke to kept repeating they did not REPAIR mobile devices.  I tried to explain I was looking to have the advertising stood behind and have the phone replaced under warranty.  Also, maybe Casio was interested in knowing they was a possible design flaw......maybe I just received a "lemon"?  She kept repeating  THEY DID NOT REPAIR MOBILE DEVICES.

I then contacted Verizon customer service.  Gave my situation to one agent, who felt they couldn't help me and forwarded me to someone else.  I gave my story again and was put on hold.  After a lengthy hold, which the agent told me she contacted Casio, I was told they may be able to do in an house warranty - I asked about the deductible and a new not refurbished phone.  She put me on hold again and came back and said they can't help me because of EXTREME LIQUID DAMAGE.

I have a really hard time swallowing all of this.  This was an accident - done with a RUGGED phone that is advertised as being able to withstand much MORE ABUSE.

I am stuck with a 2 month old phone that is unrepairable and NO SUPPORT FROM THE MANUFACTURER OR PROVIDER.

Very frustrating.......I want to drop my 4 contracts but need to find $990 to do this...........................

Labels (1)
0 Likes