Extremely Unhappy with Customer Service
StevzyMarie

Back in February I rec'd an email with my upcoming bill. I noticed it was much, much higher than it should be. I started a Live Chat with a customer rep and found out that Verizon said they never rec'd my iPhone back when I upgraded with my Edge Up plan. Later in the chat the rep found out that I did, in fact, send back my phone in time and for whatever reason it was not noted in my account, so they charged me the fee for the rest of the phone - which was almost $400. The rep did find the tracking number and did see that the phone had been returned in a timely manner. She informed me that everything would be taken care of before the bill hit my account (which I had on AutoPay). Well, it didn't. I was charged $375 more than I should have been! As soon as I saw this, I again engaged in a Live Chat, and I also called on the phone at the same time. I was told that the money would be refunded to my bank account. Of course they apologized and didn't really seem to care too much that my bank account was overdrafted and it messed up another one of my credit card payments. I let it go, seeing as they were going to refund my money. I get an email this morning, stating I had a -$375 credit on my Verizon account. EXCUSE ME? I called again. The reason it was credited to my Verizon account and not my bank account was complete BS. THEY messed up so THEY should refund it properly. They didn't. I got the excuse that b/c I had my account on AutoPay, that was the reason my Verizon acct got credited, rather than my bank account. I explained that this was completely unacceptable and it really messed with me financially. Since there wasn't "anything they could do" except put in a request to have a check mailed out to me - mind you THAT takes 7-10 business days!. I am so pissed off and annoyed that I literally talked to 5 different people within 2 months and this still was not resolved properly. I'm going to call back later, when I'm not in work, and see if I can talk to Customer Retention, or which Verizon likes to call it Customer "Care" (right - cuz they REALLY care about their clients...As much as I love the Verizon Cellular Service, their Customer Service SUCKS and I'm about ready to head over to Sprint or TMobile and have them pay off my bill and get the hell away from Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Extremely Unhappy with Customer Service
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Yet another reason not to use autopay.

Best wishes at your new provider.

0 Likes
ceroley
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sprint is FAR WORSE!!!  I left them for Verizon (The Red Devil) in November 2014 after 15+ years with Sprint.  Nonetheless, my experience with Verizon's customer service has been EXTREMELY positive A FEW TIMES  AND EXTREMELY NEGATIVE FOR THE REMAINDER!  I HAVE BEEN LIED TO BY REPs, promised call backs that were NEVER attempted, and don't get reliable service at my residence location because their coverage maps for my area are INCREDIBLY INACCURATE.  Thus, I get to use my broadband internet connection (NOT a Verizon connection) for which I pay dearly to connect via a Verizon Network Extender (which they provided at no charge) to access only  CDMA voice and 3G EVDO data at home.   And, because VERIZON's system contains INACCURATE information showing that I linked through my employers Verizon discount site to the Verizon Wireless site to purchase my handset and service instead of Ebates.com through which I actually DID LINK as required I got screwed out of $75.00 cash back from Ebates.com because Ebates is not being paid by Verizon for my linking through their site.  And, of course, NOONE with whom I can chat and speak has any information about Verizon Wireless's referral relationships with third-party sites nor do they have anyone to whom they can refer me.  Therefore, I can totally relate to your frustrations although not to the degree financially that you are experiencing...thankfully.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

That's one reason I never give any business access to my bank account. I pay my Verizon bill online but I do all the button pushing when I want it done. Been doing it like that for three years and not one problem.