Error Code -1 anybody?
jbg3004
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been getting this error code all day. Does not matter what I am doing. Called Verizon and they could not find the problem. I was with a tech for over 30 minutes. I have a Samsung s3. I have ran an antivirus and nothing. Re-booted with taking the battery out and with leaving the battery in. Anybody else have this issue? Were you able to fix the problem? If so, HOW?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Error Code -1 anybody?
B33
Legend

After doing some Looking it may be best to Just Factory Reset the Phone..  Here is the Factory Reset Instructions

http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/59267

0 Likes
me007

I am getting the same code, what is the deal

0 Likes
boomerang503
Enthusiast - Level 3

I started getting this code a few days ago. After doing several hours of investigation, I came across a record of the 1-800 phone number listed in the message. It's a number on Verizon's network, but the owner of record is not listed. From what all I have found out, its a link to some sort of virus that people have claimed that their bank accounts have been drained when calling it. I did a "hard" reset of my phone and then restored it back to factory default. Needless to say I haven't received that message in the last 24 hrs or so.

I am on a GS3 and have been since right after they came out. It's been the best phone I have owned since my old HTC Droid Incredible. I wish verizon would actually investigate this more in depth and come up with a solution to end this before alot of their customers lose more faith in big red.

0 Likes
Buzzgirl06
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too have a Samsung Galaxy S3-just got it-and have been getting this code off and on. I believe it is linked to the My Verizon Mobile App. I can access my account through the app but if I don't sign out-just close it-the account can't be accessed again and the error message keeps popping up randomly. The app keeps saying system error-please try again later or call 1-800-922-0204 error code-1. It is usually accompanied with another message saying a specific program can't be accessed-can't get it to come up right now. I'm not sure if a factory reset gets rid of this or not-haven't tried it-really don't want to unless I have to. Has anything else worked?

0 Likes
sarah_withnh
Enthusiast - Level 2

been having the same exact problem, started a few days ago and then went away and its back again. from what ive found it has something to do with the backup assistant(possibly). i tried to disable it but doesnt seem to be a solution. i really do not want to do a factory reset. i hope someone finds an answer to this cause its really annoying!! I also get a message saying New Bay Service(which I think is connected with the backup assistant) has failed after at least two pop ups with the error-1 mesg. if anyone finds out what the deal is please let me know!

0 Likes
amoonlitstar

I do think it is related to the Backup Assistant as I noticed the Backup Assistant icon in my notification bar after the first time the error came up and when I pulled down the notifications and tried to run the assistant from there it tried loading for a bit, failed, and gave the same error that I've been randomly finding on my screen. I tried manually loading it from my notification bar a couple of more times this evening and eventually it finally went through and loaded information asking me if I wanted to backup my photos, music, etc. and then asking me to choose between a free 500MB backup storage option or I think a 2GB paid option. I clicked exit on that screen since I didn't feel like using their service and it thanked me for looking over the options. I haven't had the error come back since, but it hasn't been an hour yet so I can't say with absolute certainty that this is enough to get rid of it for good.

My guess is the error is some kind of network congestion issue from too many newly updated phones all trying to connect to the Backup Assistant Plus upgrade page at the same time.

0 Likes
BamaBlues03

I've just started getting the same messages tonight....every few minutes.  I have a droid razor m.  Turned my phone off and back on and still receive messages.  Tried calling same 800 # and it links me to verizon with noone available to help.  Very frustrating.  Any info that could be provided would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Ragdoll_Knight
Contributor - Level 1

Issue appears to be happening on mostly Motorola devices, Verizon and Motorola are aware and working on a software update to fix the issue.

0 Likes
Ragdoll_Knight
Contributor - Level 1

Make sure you call in to Tech Support so they can file a ticket regarding your issue. The more info they have about it, the faster a resolution can come around.

0 Likes