Eris= we shouldn't pay for Verizon's mistake!
acut21

Me and my roommate both have an Eris, and both of us have had a plethora of issues just like those that have been listed on this forum a dozen times.  Ultimately, its a slow and shotty phone that Verizon was willing to sell to its customers, and now they are trying to cover their ___es so we get stuck with the bill and an unusable phone.

When I went in to complain, the girl at the Verizon store said they had never received a complaint on the phone and that it was something I was doing because the update went fine.  When my roommate went in a few days later to another store, the guy totally fessed up and said they were having massive issues with the Eris and it was discontinued.  

If they want to keep customers, they need to figure this out. How are we expected to be this much money for something we can't even use? Iphone is looking MUCH better now, and I have been with Verizon for ten years.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Eris= we shouldn't pay for Verizon's mistake!
gadgetmom88

I returned my Eris 4 times before Verizon gave me the LG Ally.  If you work with customer service on the phone, they are much more forthcoming about the problems with the phone.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

don't switch carriers. just make them give you a new phone!!!!! they sill crush the other networks. what good is an iphone if the coverage blows?

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

AZSALUKI wrote:

don't switch carriers. just make them give you a new phone!!!!! they sill crush the other networks. what good is an iphone if the coverage blows?

Some people believe it or not. I remember one person on the AT&T Forums said they bought the iPhone just to have it and also just to fit in because everyone else had one. The person had very bad coverage from AT&T in their area to the point where the phone was useless. I laughed and shook my head.

0 Likes
lyndarva

My experience with Verizon corporate stores is that they don't do anything to help you if you are having a problem with a phone - if it isn't a corporate store, forget it.  The only exception was a manager of one corporate store who did everything he could to help me including replacing a phone.  One thing I don't like is that Verizon expects a customer to know that you have to deal with a corporate store and with all the little stores around, the average person does not know anything about this.  It's all Verizon right?  Well, not as far as some of the benefits are concerned.  Be sure the door on the store says Verizon Corporate Store.

Talk with tech support and customer support and tell them you are going to leave Verizon if the problem is not resolved.  If they insist you go to your local corporate store and you know that isn't going to get you anywhere, tell them that directly on the phone.  You may have to call Verizon 5 times to get the person who will work with you.  Everyone has their own issues, bad days, levels of knowledge and authority.  Ask for a supervisor if you aren't getting anywhere.

I am having trouble again with my Verizon product and I have to decide this week what to do.  I was one of those people who left Verizon to go to AT&T just for the IPhone (I'm an Apple junkie) but the service was so bad I had to cancel.   Now I am having that problem with Verizon for the first time.

0 Likes
Danyeil

I totally agree. I am fed up with Verizon! I've had the eris since February and have had nothing but problems well I've actually had going on 5. One of the certified like new phones was still linked to someone else's account. So it couldn't even be activated. If that's certified like new than I think they need new technicians. I received another refurbished phone on June 30, had it for 3 days and started doing the same things. Freezing up, resetting, unable to answer phone calls! This I feel is not acceptable. I called and talked to someone today and they were going to send me out a refurbished motorola droid but guess what?  They didn't have all the parts to send it to me. I'm now waiting on a manager to call me back. I love the actual service from verizon but their customer service has went down the drain. We've been a customer since 1999 and I've never had so many problems with them. To top it off they don't even carry the Eris anymore. I wonder why? 

0 Likes
Droiddudeaz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had an HTC Touch Pro 2 and had it replaced and the replacement wigged out the first week and Verizon agreed to replace it with a Motorola Droid. The lady was able to get me the handset, battery cover and a charger and I was told I'd have to get my own battery since they didn't have any. I bought one at the local Verizon store and The Droid arrived a day or 2 later. Its been a fantastic phone so far. WAY better than my TP2. Give it a shot. You may like it a lot. It's a completely different animal than the Eris. Good luck!

0 Likes
03duramax

I totally agree with all of you, this is my first smart phone and i am so disappointed with it. It is slow and need to constallly kill apps. Called costumer service on the 4th, and the tech told me they dont have many problems with it, so there sending me a "new" phone. i told them  with how much we pay, we should have a phone that is worth it......

0 Likes