Eris freezes when picture messaging
yenracd
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has anyone experienced problems with the Eris freezing when sending a picture message?  This function worked previously on my daughter's phone but recently she has not been able to send any type of picture text.  She gets no error message such as the picture being to large, etc.  The phone just freezes.  (I searched the forums and could not find a post that mentioned this, so I'm sorry if this has been asked before.

This phone has just been a nightmare.  There are so many problems with it.  Does anyone know if there is a chance to early upgrade this phone to another smartphone since all the problems it currently has?  My daughter has this phone and she is away at school and I'm afraid if she has an emergency, with the unreliability of this, it could be a problem.  We have done the *228 reset, the full factory resets, and still the phone is a mess.  This is the second Eris too.

Anyway, sorry for the rant.  Any info is appreciated!

(also, if I posted this in the wrong forum....sorry!  I just realized I didn't post in the "other android devices" forum.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Eris freezes when picture messaging
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
If you have an automatic task killer running, you might try turning it off. Then reboot the phone and try again.
0 Likes
yenracd2

No, there isn't a task killer running.  Any other ideas?

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
You could also try installing a third party app from the market such a handcent or chomp. I use handcent and really like it, but I don't send a ton of picture messages. The default app may have just gotten buggy. Or maybe some old messages may need to be deleted? I don't know, just throwing out ideas.
0 Likes
yenracd
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks!  I'll pass the info on to my daughter and see if this helps.

Also, thanks for some of your other answers on threads throughout the forum.  I didn't post in those, but  I read what advice you offered and there was some useful information that helped with other things!  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes