Encrypted HTC Desire 530
eg323

I'm currently out of the country, and was just using my phone on a secure wifi network for communication... it is now saying its encrypted, even though I never encrypted it and don't have a password for it.  I enter a possible password and it tells me it needs to reboot it rebooted all night with no change.  Still stuck on that encryption screen and can't do anything else.  All of the info I've managed to find tells me to do a factory reset.  When I hold the sound down button and the power button together to get the menu I have different rebooting options but no factory reset... any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Encrypted HTC Desire 530
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

eg323, I hope that you're enjoying your time outside the country. I want to make sure that we do everything we can to get your device back up and running, ASAP. When you have the phone powered off and you press and hold the Volume Down Button and Power button until boot mode screen appears, what options are you getting to select from? Also, is the device asking for a PUK PIN? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes