Employee Discount on Data Packages-they need to change it back!!
ittebty75
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hope Verizon Wireless changes their employee discount process, as I just bought a new phone in September and I am not egible for the employee discount unless I have a 5GB data package, if I would have bought my phone before July 1, 2011, I would be receiving it. But, nobody told me this when I bought my phone, they told me I qualified for this discount, several VZ employees told me this.   I have been a customer for over  15 years.  Who uses that much data anyway??  I dont even come close to that each month.  They should go back to the 2GB Rule and give back the employee discount to their customers.

Labels (1)
Re: Employee Discount on Data Packages-they need to change it back!!
keitoflan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon does allow employee discounts on smaller data packages. The limitation that you're having is related to the employee discount you're applying for. When corporations arrange employee discounts for their employees they negiotiate benefits for the package. That's also why varying different companies get more or less of a discount or other perks such as paying no activation fees. It just so happens that your employer negiotiated a discount plan that requires certain prerequisites that were changed when the unlimited data was exchanged for the tiered data plans.

0 Likes
ittebty75
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do receive the employee discount on my phone just not the data package since I didn't get before July. Verizon said it is their new policy I don't think my employer negotiates this, but I will find out for sure.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Actually the discount, (if offered to your company employees) was never for the 2GB  data plan. It used to be offered to those with the $29,99 unlimited data plan, which is now no longer an available data plan to choose from.

Companies does not negotiate what you as an employee receives. It is based on what the company generates in business for VZW and then they are offered their discounts

For example where I work, it used to be 20% off plan and 25% off accessories.

Now VZW has decided 20% off plan and 20% off feature add-ons which is a much better deal for the employees. And I suspect it is due to increased revenue from who I work for.

For me, I am just thankful to get any discount at all.

0 Likes
smartphoneguru
Contributor - Level 1

Hey people, can anyone that has a 4G LTE device verify that their speed is 4G LTE with a speed test online? For some reason a few of my friends have this NEW data plan along with their new phones and they are DL/UL speeds are the same and in one case slower than the 3G network. Tested in Roanoke Virginia.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Roanoke, based on the map is rather spotty with 4G coverage.

0 Likes
smartphoneguru
Contributor - Level 1

yeah , but why put the big sign up and sell the phone if its no good. theres nothing within a hour from here either, which really just wasted a couple of my friends money. they should slowly roll it in like at&t did with gsm years ago. And then they kind of force you to upgrade your data package.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Guess I am lost on your complaint. If you want a slow rollout of LTE go to ATT.  What money has been wasted? You have a device that works in 3G or 4G and your area has both.I have had a 4G phone for 8 months and I do not have 4G service at all where I live. But when I travel I use it extensively. It does not cost me any more. 

The cost of the data plans are not any different for a 3G phone or a 4G phone, but you can access higher speed data in areas where a 3G device can not.

If by chance you have an unlimited data plan, you are not subject to throttling (Even if in a 3G service area) like those with strictly a 3G device and an unlimited plan.

0 Likes
smartphoneguru
Contributor - Level 1

YEs but some people think they are getting a good upgrade to a phone that will do more, where their phone works just fine and they have no need to buy the new phone. The only reason they purchase was because they were told they can get 4G here, if you were to buy a phone to have 4G service and speed here, and then you didnt have anything but the same service, basically you just spent the money for nothing. Until it actually works in the area it shouldnt be pushed to seel, and it should be very important to let the customer know that they will not have good 4g service in the area until a certain time or whatever. Yes it helps them make money or whatever, but its false advertisement

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Alright, i will accept that as a valid reason. Reps shoulf be more thorough, but technically when buying the device, 4G does work there. Maybe not at your house but it does work....... There.

I was never told 4g would not work here, I did research, like with any major purchase.

0 Likes