ESN & EFT
pzjagd1
Contributor - Level 3

If you pay the early termination fee, does Verizon block your ESN? If I switch to T Mobile and they pay my ETF, I plan to sell my Verizon phones on craigslist to help offset the cost of new devices. Anybody done it?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: ESN & EFT
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

If you pay the EFT and your account is in good standing, Verizon will not block the phone.

You will, however, likely have to wait until the actual end of the billing cycle for the phones to be released from the account.

View solution in original post

ttipgem
Master - Level 1

If you pay the EFT and your account is in good standing, Verizon will not block the phone.

You will, however, likely have to wait until the actual end of the billing cycle for the phones to be released from the account.

pzjagd1
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks. I didn't think it would be an issue, but I just wanted another opinion.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pzjagd1 we definitely don't want you to consider switching to another provider! Your business is very important to us and we're here to turn things around! As ttipgem stated, we do not block ESNs from being  sold to other Verizon customers as long as the device isn't connected to an active line of service. However what's causing you to look into cancelling?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Not applicable

He probably wants a cheaper plan or unlimited data or both. I like Verizon because they actually bother to provide service in the places I need a phone the most. However if one lives in a big city and they have access to T-Mobile service and they don't plan on being out of that area very much then T-Mobile plans are better and until Verizon competes with T-Mobile on pricing then those that live in the big cities will go with T-Mobile over Verizon. At this point Verizon feels it has enough customers out in the boonies with no access to T-Mobile or Sprint that they can lose customers in the big cities. We'll see how long that can continue to happen. On the flip side T-Mobile just did jack up the rates on their unlimited plan by $10 a month.

0 Likes
pzjagd1
Contributor - Level 3

Because once I have the other carriers phone paid off (or BYOD), my monthly bill will reduce tremendously. With Verizon, after two years, I still have to pay the same rate, even though I have paid off the phone subsidy. I don't need a replacement phone at the end of two years, I'd prefer my monthly bill go down accordingly.

Drop my rate after two years (no new phone purchase) and I'd even sign a yearly contract. But I'm not going to keep paying higher montly rates after I've paid off my phone.

0 Likes