Duplicate test messages. LG G3. Started today
Lilicee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Started receiving duplicate text messages tonight. No updates received,  so what is this? How can I stop it?

Labels (1)
Re: Duplicate test messages. LG G3. Started today
kj73166
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here, it's weird because it's nit every text...I even rebooted my phone and as till doing it..just started out of the blue

donnelly326
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue just started tonight... Hopefully it's just a network thing and it'll clear itself up sooner rather than later or this could become pretty annoying

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kj73166,

Sorrry to hear that you have been receiving duplicate text messages. Are the duplicates coming from the same parties? Are you using the embedded text messaging app or another app? Any recent changes to your phone (downloading new apps, updates, etc)?

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
thedonsk1206

Just started randomly receiving duplicate messages on my G3 while using the message + app by Verizon. What is causing this?

0 Likes
thedonsk1206

And what can be done to fix it?

0 Likes
daves1960promqueen

When I send one text it is received by person I sent too as several texts

0 Likes
Rick_W

I have the exact same problem with my LG G3. I've tried using both the default messaging app and also the Verizon Message+ app and the issue is npt related to the messaging app being used because the device sends multiple texts regardless of the messaging app.

After sending a text, the app shows "sending" and never changes to "sent" while the destination receives the text over and over again.

This is deeper than the messaging app and needs a fix ASAP.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rick_W - Please allow me to help with the issue you are having. Duplicate text messages can be a pain. Let me relieve that pain and fix the issue. Have you tried to delete the Verizon Message+ App on your device? Does the same issue occur after deleting it?
JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rick_W

Message+ is a system app. I can uninstall updates, but cannot uninstall the app itself.

Why would you be asking me to delete (uninstall) this app? As I reported the issue occurs with both the default Message app as well as the Message+ app.

0 Likes