Re: Droid Razr M: KitKat update problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jene696@happy,

I am so sorry for the many issues you are having for the device. I feel terribly bad that you had to walk such a long way pregnant to get to a phone to use. We want you to have a fully functional device that you can depend on. What is showing to be using all your battery life? Settings>Battery. Please try this http://vz.to/1pwYmUX and test the device. Let us know if the issue persist while in Safe Mode.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bbhulsey
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've never had problems with my Razr M prior to Kitkat.  Now I experience that the phone is often unusually warm and battery life is much reduced, as many others here appear to have experienced.  Battery usage appears to be mostly used by 'Screen', 'Android System', and 'Android OS'.  Nowadays I'm lucky to make it through a full day on a charge.

aeb321

Since my Droid Razr M update, it can't find my bluetooth headset (that has been connected for over a year) at all.  It says no bluetooth devices found and I can't make it find it.  Also - it says that System update is available, and that Install is deferred, but if I try to update it it tells me that it is all ready up to date.  I know that it did update because the whole layout of my phone changed (I can no longer easily get to text,camera, phone when screen is locked and texting works differently.  I reported it to motorola and they said they would respond within 24 hours, but there is no reponse after 13 days.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bbhulsey,

We want you to be able to fully enjoy your device again. Lets stop some of the running applications. Please go to Settings>Apps>Running> Stop (Android System). Also please make sure your Screen is set to auto brightness. Let us know if this helps.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jadden
Enthusiast - Level 1

Customer Support - is there a plan to update this horrible KitKat release.  AS seen across the boards here it is horrible.  I have 3 of the devices on my account and all are very close to useless.  If nothing else back it out.  My issues are

Faster battery drain - will not hold a charge for 12 hours with minimal use.

WiFi connection is difficult, either will not connect or have to reset to get a connection.

Cell signal strength is significantly degraded.

Those are my big 3, not to mention the overall look and user interface are bad.

To make it clear, this is on 3 devices, the problems were not present before the update.  If Verizon does not correct will there be accommodations for extra data use forced by WiFi issues?  Responsibility for inability to make emergency calls?  Verizon approved of the update release from Motorola.

Slpook
Enthusiast - Level 2

YOU DON'T GET IT!!! If I can't change the "white" texting background, my brain can't adjust, IT'S A HEALTH ISSUE YOU MESSED WITH!!! Don't need to enjoy, I NEED FUNCTION!!! If I can't go back to old os, either let me out of contract or give me a free smartphone that won't cause migraines and additional vertigo issues for me. A little customer service seems to be too much to ask from the SCORES of people whose phones you just ruined!

Sincerely,

Lynne

Private info removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
CoolJacq

The Kit Kat software update was initiated via Samsung not Verizon.  Samsung has decided to no longer support the previous OS version.  Supposedly, Samsung will issue another update to fix the ISSUES the update has created.  My phone was so severely affected, a new phone had to be shipped to me.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung has nothing to do with the KitKat update for device manufactured by Motorola.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Slpook
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon is NO HELP whatsoever with this horrible "downgrade". Spoke to Jackie (removed) at Verizon and even though this is affecting my health (disabled shutin), she said "Well maam, you'll be eligible for a new phone in November"! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Do I need a note from my Dr's to cancel my plan and find a company that cares, if one exists anymore! Between Motorola & Verizon, just (removed) yourselves! Time for an Iphone and new wireless carrier!

Edited as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

RC20607
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your right.  Verizon is no help whatsoever. They don't respond to most posts and if they do ours a stock answer such as a factory reset wHich will do nothing to the poor update. 

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone