Droid Razr M: KitKat Update Fail
clintu83

I have tried to update my Droid Razr M with the OTA KitKat update and it fails every time.  It downloads fine, but only installs about 25% then goes to the Android laying on his back with a exclamation point.  It then restarts and says, "Software Update Failed".  I have tried several times and even done a hard reset and it still fails.  Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr M: KitKat Update Fail
brobinette64

I am having the same problem with my Razr HD. I even did a factory reset before downloading and it still fails.

0 Likes
jbt816
Enthusiast - Level 3

The same thing happened to me.

(removed)

So when the OTA failed, I assumed I had screwed something up and kit kat would never load.

I've been trying all morning to (removed)

Any of you with similar problems?  Or do you have stock devices that just won't accept the OTA?

Rooting discussion removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
clintu83

Mine is 100% stock.  I did notice that when I click System Updates, it starts downloading 182.46.10.en.US.  The website states it should be "182.46.10.XT907.Verizon.en.US or 183.46.10.XT907.Verizon.en.US."  Maybe it's trying to load the wrong update? 

0 Likes
KimbleSky

I too am having the same issue with my Razr HD XT926. I get the update notice and download, about 30 seconds into the install it fails. I have also tired resetting to factory. Note: I had my phone rooted and running custom roms for over a year, then I did an update a couple weeks ago; this is prior to the 182.46.10 update, which disabled root and safestrap. I assume I did something to the phone to prevent the latest update to work. I am hoping for someone to provide a solution.

0 Likes
jbt816
Enthusiast - Level 3

Uneventful update:  My stock red Motorola M had been gone since I tried to (removed)  I had thought (mistakenly) that this indicated my system was corrupted but now I realize the logo is just that...an image.

Before the rest of you posted, I believed that if I did a hard reset, Kitkat would load.  But apparently that is not the case.

(removed) though I did have before Tuesday. Smiley Sad

Is it possible to wipe delvik and cache with a locked bootloader?  If so, how?

Rooting discussion removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Doug10001

Yep. Failed. 100% stock.  It downloads and then about 25% of the way into it the update fails and the phone reboots. XT926 handset.

0 Likes
Codewize
Enthusiast - Level 3

All I can say about this is be happy. KitKat basically looks great on the surface until you realize how archaic it is. How many features they've removed and how the aesthetics have taken a leap back in time. You'll wish and beg for a way to go back to JellyBean

KitKat Messaging (texting) is awful. I see people complaining about KitKat changing the text app to Hangouts but that wasn't my experience. And if that does happen it's simple to change back.

My complaint is that a) the Swype keyboard has been removed. Why developers would ever remove a feature is beyond me. That's like taking the start button out of Windows. Oh wait, I see a trend here.

So besides that the messaging app is a terrible all white interface, the avatars are gone, there's no color distinction between in and out messages. it's just one big cumbersome pile of difficult to read black text on a white screen. Awful is the only word I can think of. I feel like Google took my phone back 5 years

heidimark
Enthusiast - Level 1

I could not agree more! The texting app is a joke.

Why in the world they would remove swype as an inherent feature is beyond me. And removing functionality from the lock screen? Terrible idea.

Added to that NO ONE cares about the stupid emojis, which is my guess for why they went with a white background (developers couldn't figure out how to use non-matted images).

Oh, and the new icons for everything are stupid. The phone, messaging, settings, etc. icons all look outdated already.

NeedaBoost
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm trying to think of the reasoning for taking swype off the Android with this version, it worked really well, everyone I know liked it... PUT IT BACK!!!!!! Is there some sinister motive for this?... Is it so google can record our conversations for the Big gov bro O? if we switch to the google keyboard? YOU HAVE THOROUGHLY PISSED YOUR CUSTOMERS OFF,!!!!!, far and wide!!!....I'LL BE LOOKING FOR AN ALTERNATIVE TO THIS BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes