Droid Eris - problem after 2.1 Eclair update
greenjack185

Updated my Eris to Eclair last week.  now when I tap on the weather widget (below the clock), the HTC weather app launches, then I get a force close.  I tried rebooting, and taking the battery out. Still happens.  What to do ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Eris - problem after 2.1 Eclair update
leilahsmom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was having the same problems.  I found my solution on this forum, but can't find it.

settings>applications>manage applications> go through and anything with weather, press, then clear data.  I think there were about 5 for me.

After all that:

settings>accounts and sync>weather>sync now

Worked for me.  Took about 5 minutes, mainly to clear data out of those 5 or so clears in the first step.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
greenjack185

I've been reading that I should go into Manage Applications ----> HTC Sense --- > Clear Data

has this worked for anyone >?

0 Likes
barbp

Same thing happens with weather channel and Calendar apps. I'm trying that reboot now. I have a sinking suspicion it will clear all my data and I'll have to spend a few hours redoing everything.

Not looking ofrward to that ...

0 Likes
barbp

OK, I tried it. My page settings reverted back to factory, but all my data was still intact ... BUT THE CALENDAR AND THE TIME AND THE WEATHER are STILL broken. This is critical, because I use my calendar all the time.

The weird thing is that it worked fine the first week or two after the upgrade. This just started last week.

0 Likes
leilahsmom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was having the same problems.  I found my solution on this forum, but can't find it.

settings>applications>manage applications> go through and anything with weather, press, then clear data.  I think there were about 5 for me.

After all that:

settings>accounts and sync>weather>sync now

Worked for me.  Took about 5 minutes, mainly to clear data out of those 5 or so clears in the first step.

0 Likes