Droid Eris: Exchange Active Sync working for you?
blackdognorth

I'm considering an Eris and am not yet a Verizon customer.

The phone would be 50% business and 50% personal.

I NEED to have good solid email, contacts and calendar synch back to the office Exchange server.  I've seen various posts on the web about issues with Exchange ActivSynch requesting securiy info and passwords from the phone...and the phone can't provide the data...so there's no synch- or more commonly, email cannot be Sent.  And the TouchDown app runaround...

So all that being said, are there GOOD stories about Microsoft Exchange email working with an Eris out of the box?  Any tips?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Eris: Exchange Active Sync working for you?
Chesterface

If you're going to use an advanced device for work, I would suggest sticking with a Blackberry and doing a corporate activation. But that's just my opinion.

0 Likes
Re: Droid Eris: Exchange Active Sync working for you?
blackdognorth

That's exactly where I started...went right for the Bold 9700...and I did not like it one bit.  Many reasons.  Since I'd be paying the full freight for data + voice, I might as well have something that excels at more than just messaging and email.  The broser and UI are just absolutely dismal compared to the progress that all the other players are making.

I don't have an IT department at work that's going to have to control everything, I just want to have good connectivity with Exchange 2003.  If I tell them to disable passwords or pins, etc, they will.

0 Likes