Re: Droid DNA Problem, No SIM card error
lvnvitman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Read the fine print of your contract, you will find that you cannot start a class action law suit against Verizon. If that was possible I would be. Verizon knows about this issue and is still selling the phone which means they have no concern about the public's safety. If people that post on here are accurate this issue can prevent access to 911. I have not experienced that issue, but have been unable to place calls even with a full set of bars. I wish legal action could be taken.

0 Likes
fisherman1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Class action is for individuals without the abilty to absorb the costs.  I have the resources and I am using them.  Mine has nothing to do anyone else.  

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note® II

0 Likes
fisherman1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know and Chevy will tell you my new Dodge Ram wont tow or last as long as the Silverado.  It comes down to customer service.  Verizon has failed miserably!!!

0 Likes
RonWynn2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi There,

Well it seems that the SIM card issue is a real hardware defect in the fact that when the SIM is inserted it must be absolutely perpendicular to the slot. If angled even slightly, a minimum of three parallel scratches with be scribed into the gold flat connects. It seems the phone's hardware slot is too close with these sharp points touching the gold contact flats. Be sure that when the new SIM is being installed by Verizon Personel that they do so with utmost care so as not to recreate the problem on your next SIM. The SIM must be fully inserted and care taken to not loosen the SIM...i.e. drops, etc. Hope this helps for you, as it has for me.

neailbearfk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine is at the point where it is giving the sim card error roughly 10 times a day. Sometimes a reboot doesn't even help, it turns back on the with sim card error already there. AND I PAID FULL PRICE FOR THIS DAMN PHONE SO I COULD KEEP MY UNLIMITED DATA. I am going into Verizon tomorrow to try getting a new card. If the problem continues, I will be walking into Verizon with my DNA in pieces and switching back to ATT.

fisherman1
Enthusiast - Level 3

get rid of the Droid DNA and go to a Samsung Note 2 DNA is a big piece of crap and Verizon isn't worth their salt

0 Likes
Sith77
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok to all on here . I had a good lengthy conversation with HTC about 2 weeks again regards to this issue cause I had an actual emergency and couldn't use my phone . They said there is a software fix in the works but the solution that seems to fix it now is as follows . I did this and have NOT had a single issue since . Remove and reset the sim the card . Go under settings - battery and turn OFF fast boot . Restart device . From what they said is its a memory register issue where the sim controller gets locked up in memory if the phone is properly shut down and restarted on a regular basis . Evidently a programming issue due to the large 2 gig of ram . By shutting off fast boot it doesn't save the old connection certificates and always verifies network connection as opposed to holding and reusing network information .

neailbearfk
Enthusiast - Level 2

This didn't work for me. Still doing it.

0 Likes
Gene47

Fast restart has never been turned on on my phone, and it's doing it anyway.

0 Likes
neailbearfk
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went to Verizon today and tried a new SIM card even know some are saying

its been confirmed a software issue. My phone was locking out 10+ times a

day so I was desperate. We will see what happens.

0 Likes