Re: Droid DNA Problem, No SIM card error
lvnvitman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I understand what your saying, I too have been with T mobile and Sprint. Currently we have 4 lines with Verizon and have been with them for over 13 years. I don't want to leave, but I am so tired of them selling phones with known issues, and in some cases issues that prevent access to 911 which is a direct violation of F.C.C. regulations and nothing being done about it. My latest issue is this. I had a HTC Rezound that I bought about a year ago. I kept having connection issues and they replaced the phone about 6 times. Finally a level 3 tech was able to authorize an early upgrade and paid for the HTC DNA. The reason I bought the new phone was because the Rezound had a known issue and Verizon didn't know know when it would be resolved. Mind you I paid over $300.for that phone, then paid almost $250.00 for the DNA which is being sold with this known issue of the SIM card error that is stopping some people to access to emergency services. Something is very wrong that a company can get away with this. Not to mention forcing long term customers off the unlimited data. It's just not right

Ken

fisherman1
Enthusiast - Level 3

My attorney said he is filing suit Friday.  Verizon screwed a man with enough money to follow through!

On top of all the technical issues, I was on the phone with "customer loyalty" while at the local Verizon stores, the call wasn't going well, when one of the sales people threatened me.  I couldn't believe I was being treated this way.  There's not two sides to my story, Verizon treated me as if I was a prison inmate they could push around.  I gave the sales person a break, I left before he was the recipient of what the U.S. Military trained me to do.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I hope your lawyer has read your customer agreement.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
fisherman1
Enthusiast - Level 3

It doesnt allow being threatened by their employees. I wouldn't waste resources not knowing up front the win is in the books. Frankly, if Verizon would write a public apology I'd drop the suit.  

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note® II

0 Likes
lvnvitman
Enthusiast - Level 3

How do you like the Note II, was thinking about switching from the DNA?

0 Likes
lvnvitman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Let me know how it works out. I filed a complaint with the F.C.C.

0 Likes
fernando3608
Enthusiast - Level 1

YOU GUYS OVER DOING IT. The problem with sim is because the sim card is getting scratch when you push in. What I did went to Verizon store and got a new sim card. Me and guy that help me (cool guy) we slowly push in the sim and we turn on the phone all good but we wanted to confirm of the new sim got scratch and it did but this time the scratches are smaller.This was 12-21-12. today is 01-17-13 havent see the sim card problem. I think this the best phone in the market right now. Dont change phone because small problem that can be fix, I had wrost phone then this battery that last 3 hours, phones that said no memory but it did and lot more phones with more problems then this little sim problem. 

0 Likes
Greg1705

There is more to this problem. I have had the same problem.

The phone comes with a SIM card.... That starts the problem.

I have gotten a new SIM card ... and the same problem.

I have gotten a new Phone with a new SIM card ... and the same problem.

You should not know the Verizon store staff this well.

This is VERY POOR QUALITY that is an HTC problem.

0 Likes
Sith77
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oddly . I have had the phone since launch day . Been VERY happy with it . For what ever reason for the last 2 days I have started receiving the no SIM card error . Can't quite figure out why or what caused it ? I mean why going a few months running perfect, what te hell would cause it to just start

0 Likes
lvnvitman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon told me to take the SIM card out and blow out the slot and make sure the gold part on the card was clean and don't touch the gold with your fingers and re insert. I don't get the error anymore but my network and phone calls are still an issue

Ken

0 Likes