Droid 4 Version 4.1.2 Cannot disable vibrate when in silent mode
burghbonnie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Motorola Droid 4 Version 4.1.2   When I put the phone to silent mode it is still vibrating when I get a call.  I cannot find how to disable this.  Please help!

Labels (1)
Re: Droid 4 Version 4.1.2 Cannot disable vibrate when in silent mode
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check the Smart Action Settings for sleep mode or other actions you may have added ... if there is a volume setting,  it can be set to vibrate or silent - and it may be over-riding other settings.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Burghbonnie, don't panic. I'm here to help. You can disable the vibrate mode in Settings>Sounds>tap Vibrate>tap Never. For your convenience, you may access device support online at our website, http://bit.ly/y5iuoj

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
burghbonnie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks...........but I looked and no smart actions are active. 

0 Likes
burghbonnie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your response.  In my previous version that is the way it was.  But now it is Settings>Sound> and then the only vibrate option is to check Vibrate When Ringing or don't check it.  It is unchecked but it still vibrates when the volume is in silent mode.  I don't EVER want it to virbrate........but my settings aren't like they used to be (like you instructed me to do).  Thanks.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

OK--I'm stumped.  I've only had the phone since March, and I don't mind the vibrate, and haven't looked into shutting it off.  Now that I have been looking through settings, I don't see a way to set it NOT to vibrate.  When the sound is OFF, the icon shifts to the vibrate icon.... when I adjust the default volume all the way down, it goes to the vibrate icon as well.

Maybe someone who has discovered how to do this since the JB update to 4.1.2 can help?  I got the update within a week or so after getting the phone, so it's "always" been this way for me....

0 Likes
burghbonnie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exactly!   There is NO way to tell it to not vibrate!  Glad I'm not cracking up and you have discovered the same thing!  Thanks!  Now to find the solution!!!

0 Likes
MDLee

I am having this same problem. Did you ever resolve yours? Thanks!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

In your settings > sound's  is Vibrate when Ringing selected.. if so you might un-check it..

0 Likes
B33
Legend

When looking at my two Razr Max's one has ICS on has Jelly Bean on the J.B. one Silent mode was removed from the options in Sounds and I couldn't find it in the other area's of the Settings)  so it's leading me to think you can't disable it unless it tucked away some were else I'll keep looking..  The Razr Maxx has similarities to the Droid 4..

0 Likes