Droid 4.4.2 ruined my phone :(
SickBoy909
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the new Droid Razr M for year now. It is my very first Smart phone I've owned. I loved this phone but now with the update I just want to get rid of it.

1. My speaker pops now if I go in to any apps or videos. It also pops when I receive texts or emails on my notifications and my camera shutter pops now.

2. Too much white. Icons use to turn blue when they were connected to Wi-Fi or 4G now they are always white so I don't know if they are connected out not. Text message screen is bright white so everyone can read my text.

3. No more Swype or smiley faces. I downloaded Swype+dragon and it sucks. There's no arrows to move cursor in between words to delete letters so I have to try to do it with my finger which is difficult. Can't Swype two letter words because they never come out right(me=mgr).

4. Memory and battery life. Half of my memory is gone with the upgrade so I'm always getting error messages for running apps. Yes I do have an SD card but doesn't help. Also, my screen freezes a lot. I barley use the phone and I'm always having to charge it.

My main concern is my speaker but of course Verizon won't replace my damaged phone from there horrible update. I'll just have to buy a new one while they laugh at my face and get richer.

Labels (1)
Re: Droid 4.4.2 ruined my phone :(
jweaver244
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have noticed my screen freezing while running videos and that's never happened before. Also, my battery life dwindles much faster than it used to. Smiley Sad I'm not happy with the new upgrade either.

exflyinguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I couldn't agree more with your assessment of the update!

hlmorgan89

Anyone have a problem with your phone now not recognizing mobile data? I can't swipe, get Bluetooth or connect to internet without wifi

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
  1. This might be a hardware issue not related to the update. Are you past the warranty period? Do you carry insurance coverage for the phone?
  2. All the symbols in the notification bar area are white in the KitKat update. You want to get used to it since all the devices from here on out will have it that way. At least under Google decides to change it. For me, the white is a lot easier to see then the blue icons on my Galaxy Nexus phone.
  3. Download the official Swype Keyboard from the Play Store. The beta license expired on the phones which is why it was removed. With it in the Play Store now, you don't have to wait for a system update to get an update to Swype.
  4. The first few days to a week can have worse battery after an update. The phone is continuing to optimize your applications and determining which applications you use frequently after the update. It should settle down after a while. If not, there is always the option to complete a factory reset.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes