Droid 2 Global custom ringtone missing after MicroSD transplant
RobertLauriston
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a custom ringtone that I've been using for ages. It's in the /ringtones folder on my MicroSD card.

My phone periodically fails in one way or another and Verizon sends me a new one. I install the MicroSD card in the new phone, it's mounted, I can see the ringtone file, but it does not show up in the Settings > Sound > Phone Ringtone list at first.

Eventually it does, after an hour or several, but I can't figure out anything to do to trigger that manually. Playing the sound in Music, opening it with Files, restarting the phone, unmounting and remounting the MicroSD card, nothing. Anybody know a trick to force the Droid to rebuild the ringtone menu?

If Verizon included ringtones suitable for use in a corporate environment I wouldn't care, I could just wait it out.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid 2 Global custom ringtone missing after MicroSD transplant
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there RobetLauriston! I have one particular ringtone that I use too and would hate if I lost it. Do you happen to have an SD card converter? If so, insert it in your PC to check if you are able to play the tone. Have you tested the SD card in a different device, to see if that tone plays? Try to remove the SD card, place it back in and test again. The last step I recommend is to remove the sim card and hard reset the device. Here is how: http://bit.ly/rqKDhh .

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes