Double contact info?
Agunats
Enthusiast - Level 2

HTC Desire 626, Android 5.1

When I pull up information for one of the contacts on my phone sometimes everything (phone #, address, etc.) is listed twice.  I know the cause of this is that the contact is saved to two separate places,Google cloud, the phone itself, or elsewhere. What I do not see is how to correct this contact and set the phone so it does not happen again.  Help please.

Thaks in advance... Bob

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Double contact info?
Snn5
Legend

Go to your phone dialer. Tap contacts. Tap menu and settings.  You should be able to change which contacts you see.  This is a stock app.  Not one you download.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

In your Contacts screen you can tap Menu and choose which contacts account to display.  You can also make sure that your google matches your phone contacts, delete the phone contacts and use google contacts only.

Agunats
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I'm in my contacts I see no menu choice that refers to accounts, this is why I posted the question.  Can you tell me specifically where this setting would be?  I know that depending on which app you are using things may be in different places or not there at all.  If needed please let me know where the info is in whichever app you are using and I will download that app.

Thanks... Bob

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Go to your phone dialer. Tap contacts. Tap menu and settings.  You should be able to change which contacts you see.  This is a stock app.  Not one you download.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Agunats - The assistance you need has arrived. Duplicate contacts can become a headache. Allow me to make the headache go away.  Please open the People Icon and Tap on the 3 stacked up squares on the upper right hand side. Now Tap on Manage contacts. This will help you Remove, copy, merge, block contacts.  You may also go back and select Open account Settings to shouw the accounts you sync your contacts with.
JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you merge and make changes each contacts account will change as well leaving some missing.

0 Likes