Dolphin HD new update brought me back...
Wildman
Legend

I have used Dolphin HD over the years but always found myself going back to Opera Mobile because it ran smoother and worked with more sites for me but recently the browser received a new rebuild that added a number of performance and UI tweaks that makes it worth a second look and so far the browser has stepped up to the the plate and hit a homerun...  the latest build loads pages smoothly and works well with every site I through at it so far..

Here is a few new features:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser&

feature=more_from_developer#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwMiwibW9iaS5tZ2Vlay5UdW5ueUJyb3dzZXIiXQ..

https://lh3.ggpht.com/op8NZIbcw_V6SAZ0JsgzE5bNXFIifXhxsjadYpw_G1jL_czTPpnj_DtdlPnvKehqVAY=w705

• Re-designed Dolphin Sonar and Gesture: New interface, design, and easier access to help menu
  • Menu bar: New design that gives easier access to most commands without having to leave the home screen
  • Add-on Sidebar: New design that displays both Add-on icons and names
  • New context menu and long press menu for more efficient browsing
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dolphin HD new update brought me back...
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have installed the update on my Tbolt. So far I like it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Glad to hear, it seems to perform well...  I have seen some miner hickups but I believe this is because I have been a Opera Mobie user for so long I still have to adjust but so far I am still happy with it.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

how do i set it to a full browser. i'm liking it, but when i go to a site it automatically pulls up the mobile version of the site. in the stock browser, that setting is obvious and can easily be turned off, but i can't find it anywhere in the dolphin settings?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

You should be able to scroll to bottom and select full view....  

UPDATE: Download

Dolphin Compact Page

plugin from market...  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.mgeek.compactpagetoggles&feature=search_result#?t...

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

thanks....but that plugin is to switch from mobile view with images to mobile view without images. it seems like a browser with so many settings and functions should be able to just be set to open the full (pc version) version of a website, but i can't figure it out?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Going from memory, but I thought it was menu > settings > user agent in Dolphin browser to switch the viewing mode from android to desktop.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

That's strange because it changes mobile and desktop view for me....  I changed the link because I posted the wrong one at first, did you download Dolphin Compact Page plugin?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42820441/Dolphin%20Quick%20Mobile%20Changer.gif

0 Likes
askjeeves
Contributor - Level 1

I am absoloutely in love with Dolphin HD. I utterly despise the stock browser. One of the best features of Dolphin HD, I think is the qestures. I love 'em. You want to get to facebook by drawing a <deleted per TOS>? Go for it. Dolphin HD will support it.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I was incorrect. It is open dolphin browser > menu > the three bars button > dolphin settings > user agent. This will force the browser to load websites in the format you want.