Difficult getting out of Sleep Mode
kinosh

I can put my Droid 3 into Sleep Mode just fine, but I can't wake it up.  I push in the on/off button a gazillion times, sometimes for a second, sometimes for a few seconds, nothing!  It's like the phone is dead.  Then the phone wakes without knowing what I did.  I have two Droid 3s and they both do this.  It's very annoying.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Difficult getting out of Sleep Mode
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

kinosh wrote:

I can put my Droid 3 into Sleep Mode just fine, but I can't wake it up.  I push in the on/off button a gazillion times, sometimes for a second, sometimes for a few seconds, nothing!  It's like the phone is dead.  Then the phone wakes without knowing what I did.  I have two Droid 3s and they both do this.  It's very annoying.

Hey,

Have you installed the latest software update for the Droid3?  It was just released and may solve your problem.  For more information on the update, see the page here.  Hope this helps.

Doc

0 Likes
kinosh

Yes, I have 5.6.890.XT862.Verizon.en.US running on my Droid 3.

0 Likes
GortsBud

I've had the same problem and just gave up on using it.

0 Likes
jpd123

I have a Droid 3.  Whenever I put the phone in sleep mode, I cannot reboot the phone.  Nothing works.  I have to take the battery out and reinstall it before the phone turns back on.  Then it comes on in airplane mode.  I know this is a big problem as I've seen it all over the net.  Is there a fix for this?  I just switched from blackberry to the droid, and this is a very annoying problem as I use the sleep mode when flying.

0 Likes
jpd123

I have the latest updates.  No help

0 Likes
jsttxtng

I have had the same issue.  Once intentionally selecting this option trying to save my battery and once accidentally selecting this option.  Both times I could not get it to wake up and had to pull the batter.  It would be nice to use these features.  There are many posts about this and some stating it was the recent push of an update in September.  Since I got my phone in September I am assuming I am on the most recent OS version.  Has Motorola or Verizon stated that this is a bug?  It would be nice for them to address this issue.

0 Likes
nattriplett

OK, I had this same problem. I think I just figured it out.

Slide open keyboard. Press and release any 6 keys on the keyboard while holding down the power button.

My phone wakes up and connects to the cell network. This even works if I press and release the same key 6 times.

0 Likes
drayman

Another way to wake up from the Droid 3's "eternal sleep" is to plug in a power or data cable.  Wakes up immediately, but you may need to unlock the window (virtual slider button), before you unplug.

I look forward to a software fix, if it's not there already, so this can be a useful feature.

0 Likes