Devour - Can't Receive Texts from other Carriers
lilrileyduck

Lately i've been having issues with receiving texts from other Carriers. I've already reset my phone multiple times, both hard and soft. All applications were deleted, i deleted conversations, wiped all conversations, re-texted the person, and tested who gets what.

Basically in a nutshell,

• T-Mobile, i can occasionally get texts from.
  • Sprint, AT&T, Virgin, and any and all subsidiaries of forementioned carriers send replies i cannot get.
  • Every carrier can receive my message. i cannot receive theirs.
  • Verizon does work - for send and receive.
  • voicemails do work, i can leave one, and they can call me.

i've tested every method suggested over and over. im at the end of my rope. My job requires that my phone can receive messages from the employees and bosses, and all of them aren't Verizon-based. Somebody, please help. No, getting a new phone isn't feasible, and all my other phones are broken, except this one...and this was the first phone i actually owned three years ago.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Devour - Can't Receive Texts from other Carriers
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Was your number recently ported in from another carrier?  It doesn't sound like it, but I asked because that is when this situation normally occurs.

Either way, call Verizon Wireless and ask them to rebroadcast your number.  It seems like the text messaging gateway doesn't recognize your number as a Verizon Wireless number.

0 Likes
lilrileyduck

It was not ported. I have always been with Verizon, but the slight issue

about calling is that I'm deaf, so its not like they have a service for

deaf people, do they? I don't know what my other options are...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When was the last time you dialed *228, option 1 to reprogram the phone to the Verizon Wireless network?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lilrileyduck

today, yesterday and the day before. and then I updated my roaming (option

2) yesterday and today.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't know if Verizon has a TTY number for customer service, but you could try to send an email to them through the "Contact Us" link at the top of website and ask that your text message feature be reset from the server side. Or go to a store and have a sales rep there call customer service on the phone for you and help translate as needed. If you are getting good signal and you are up to date with the programming and PRL, that is the only thing I can think of that could help. Maybe they will be able to open a trouble ticket for you.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lilrileyduck

I have emailed them, so we'll see if they can help or do anything.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Twitter and Facebook are options, too.  I recommend Twitter (@VerizonWireless) over Facebook, though.

0 Likes
lilrileyduck

didn't know that! thanks so much for the suggestions! i'll try that

tomorrow if email doesn't work. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

800-974-6006 (Voice/TTY)

East Coast (ME, NH, VT, MA, CT, RI, NY, NJ, PA, DE, MD, VA, WV, DC)
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm

West Coast (CA, TX, FL, IN, IL, MI, OH, WA)
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 6:00pm

Verizon Center for Customers with Disabilities (Landline only)

The Verizon Center for Customers with Disabilities (VCCD) offers communications solutions for customers with vision, hearing, speech, cognitive, or mobility limitations. Consultants at the centers are trained to understand accessibility issues and telecom technologies. So, in addition to routine customer service, you can learn about products and services that may enhance your life and the way you communicate. We can also provide assistance with exemptions designed to help offset high use of certain services. Center consultants are ready to help you with local phone service, long distance/toll plans, directory listings, calling services, billing questions, Braille or large print bills, High Speed Internet service and FiOS.

Source:

Telecom Resources

0 Likes