Deleting files but internal memory still too full
Beachbird
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am getting the message that internal storage has run out on my old Galaxy S5. I use it for a game I have played for years (Farmville).  No longer active as a phone (I moved on to the S10), just internet game.

I have deleted pictures, files, and apps.  Yet memory is more full than ever!

Besides the expected system partition (5Gb) I see the next hog is the Verizon Cloud app!  It is using 5 Gb of internal storage! 

Why?  How do I stop it from eating the space I free by deleting stuff?

No plan to move game to new phone.

0 Likes
Re: Deleting files but internal memory still too full
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having enough storage in your device is very important. To free up more space in your Verizon Cloud, we recommend deleting some of your duplicate backup content that you no longer need. You can use this link for step by step instructions on how to manage your Verizon Cloud storage https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-126145/. - MoniqueH_VZW

0 Likes
Beachbird
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not pay for cloud storage.  The only cloud content I have is contacts.  There is nothing in the cloud to delete.

It is the cloud app that has horrid 1 Gb of space from my internal storage.

Why is it suddenly doing that?  Never had this problem before 

0 Likes
Beachbird
Enthusiast - Level 2

16043384878811358201926312465998.jpg

0 Likes
Beachbird
Enthusiast - Level 2

Deleted app and went back to factory version.  Don't know how new app got in there, but problem solved.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to get to the bottom of this ASAP! We will send you a Private Message, so we can continue. MoniqueH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clearing this up for us, and happy to hear that the problem has been solved! Is there anything else that we can assist you with at this time? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes