Deleting Messages? Please HELP!
ZackEllsworth

My Droid deletes my Text Messages when it feels like it! One minute i have 10-20 threads going, then poof there gone. This happened twice, and both times a factory reset the phone! Should I call Verizon and get a new phone or what! Help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Deleting Messages? Please HELP!
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

ZackEllsworth wrote:

My Droid deletes my Text Messages when it feels like it! One minute i have 10-20 threads going, then poof there gone. This happened twice, and both times a factory reset the phone! Should I call Verizon and get a new phone or what! Help?

Check out the post by fezzik in this thread-->Text Deleted Randomly

0 Likes
Bluesef

Ok SO, I have done a little bit of research. 

I got my Droid Dec 27 2009 and about two weeks after I got it, ALL of my texts were deleted.  Not just a few to make room with the auto delete option...ALL of them.  The auto delete makes it so when a thread reaches a certain limit (default is 200) that your very first text in that thread is deleted to make room for that 201st text.  I turned off the Delete Old Messages feature before all of my texts were deleted.  One of my threads had gotten to about 1900 messages in it, then every single text and thread was deleted.  Needless to say I was kinda pist.  I didn't know if it was because I had several threads with 300+ texts in them....so all I could do was wait it out to see if it happened again.  It did about three or so weeks later...where the highest message thread at that time was about 800 with all of the other ones being less than 100.  It just happened again some time last week making this the third time ALL of my threads have been deleted from my Droid.  I think it's the Advanced Task Killer app.  Messaging is one of the auto selected apps so I have unselected it and am waiting to see if it happens again.  This seems to happen every three weeks or so.  I will try to update this thread again in about two or three weeks to see if it's happened again. 

Hope this helps you, Zack (I'm guessing you have this app as well because the dealer at my VZW store said she wouldn't let me leave without it).  Just try unselecting Messaging from the Advanced Task Killer and see if it happens again.  I'm betting it won't, but we'll see.

0 Likes
brendankelly13

I have had all my text messages delete 3 times, the most recent a couple of hours ago.  I don't have advanced task killer, never did,  in all honestly I don't even know what that app does.  So I'm pretty sure it's just a glitch that Motorola REALLY needs to address, if you look through the forums it happens to people with every possible different setting for text message storage.  I haven't got the 2.1 update yet, I'm praying that will help (not very confident though)

0 Likes
Bluesef

So it's now way more than 3 weeks since I first posted, and I haven't had my texts get deleted at all since I unselected the Messaging app on Task Killer.  I don't know WHAT was causing it but it hasn't happened again.  I HAVE, however, been forced to delete all my threads since there wasn't enough room.  Does anyone know if there is a way to make texts store to the card instead of the internal memory?  I really think it's **bleep** that I have over 16 gigs of space total and have to delete texts because there isn't enough room..........

0 Likes