Daydream VR promotion redeem code
darly
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got my Daydream through a promotion in mid October for my LG V30 Saturday.  Got it setup and activated, BUT called Verizon, spent 30+ minutes on chat and she gave me a # to call ( which was bogus # something about a trip), so I called the 800 #.  She was of no help to where to contact for the redemption code for the free bundle.  Got a number to talk to someone from Google and he said they'd email the code within 48 hours...been way past.  HAS ANYONE ELSE RECEIVED THEIR DAYDREAM VR FROM THE PROMOTION AND RECEIVED THE BUNDLE CODE?  Because VERIZON was of zero help and an loss of 2 hrs of calls/chats.  If you did get yours registered, have you received the redeem code?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Daydream VR promotion redeem code
darly
Enthusiast - Level 3

After 2 calls to LG, 2 to Google and 2 to Verizon (each saying they did not take care of the promotion), I called Verizon again, the gal got a hold of Google directly, 1 hr. 45 minutes later, Google sent the code.  So, there's the solution.  Get the right person at Verizon. 

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I'm awaiting the promotion. They didn't provide you with the Google number did they?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do want to make sure that your promotional concerns are resolved, darly. I checked the promotional details and will share with you the information that I have. The website that LG has for this promotion is http://www.lgv30launchpromo.com/. You can e-mail LG regarding this promotion directly at support@lgv30launchpromo.com or contact them via the number listed on their website, Monday – Friday 9AM-8PM EST at 1-888-645-4168. They also have a chat option available when you go to https://lgv30launchpromo.com/redemption. The chat option is available in the top right corner.

AdamB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

darly
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got it set up THROUGH VERIZON CALLING GOOGLE.  LG was just for submitting the promotion and checking on the status of things.  LG & Google both told me I needed to call VERIZON. 

I noted it on here so that anyone else that didn't receive the "redemption" code for the Free VR Bundle knew what to do and save them several hours of calls.

Focust13

24 Hours so far, nothing yet. Signed into Daydream app with my phone and pair the controller last night. Was expecting a code in the box or something.

0 Likes
darly
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry, they did not.  Google told me I had to go through Verizon.  Be sure to check your spam too.

0 Likes
darly
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was told by Google it would only come by email.  The first night the rep. (Google) said once the VR was activated to your Google account, it would be emailed to me.  I never received the code.  This was for the actual free bundle.  Hopefully you will get one...

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

What a disaster! Promos are opportunities for companies to not come through... Offer something but not deliver. Terrible.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Focust13, let's figure this out, so you can get your Daydream View. You mentioned that it has been 24 hours. May I ask if you just upgraded in the last 24 hours, or if that refers to something else? Did you submit your proof of purchase to our site at www.verizonwireless.com/digitalrebatecenter after you upgraded?

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes