Damaged SD Card Message
utley26

I have a feeling that some updates today may be causing my SD card to be damaged, but that's just a thought.  Is anyone having this problem?

Besides the updates, I hardly used my phone today.  Any info is appreciated.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Damaged SD Card Message
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

What updates are you talking about?

0 Likes
utley26

Trapster

Baseball Scores

1Cast

3 others I can't recall

0 Likes
JiveTurkey

OMG!  I had the SAME PROBLEM today!  It may not be the same issue.  I have quite a bit of video/pictures on my SD card, along with my Genesis/SNES ROMS for the emulators I have.  The pictures/videos in gallery were acting very sketchy, taking FOREVER to load, missing entire blocks of time, etc.

Today, got the "Damaged SD Card" of death message.  I have done NOTHING to card in past few weeks, phone hasn't been dropped/damaged in ANY way.  

I am FURIOUS, as I had dozens (maybe hundreds) of pictures/videos of my 2 year old & 7 month old daughters on there.  Moral of the story is to regularly back up... :smileysad:

0 Likes
n1acguy

I removed my card (after unmounting it), and I can't get any computer to read it. One reader tells me the card is damaged, but the phone reads the photos on it.

I really want to be able to transfer these photos to my computer.

They were taken with another phone, but to my knowledge they are still jpeg photos.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

Try running a scan disk or defrag on the SD Card.

0 Likes
KSlane84

How do I go about running a scan on my sd card?? I have the same problem. I updated 2 apps today...( one in which was my verizon app ) and now I have a message on the top of my screen that says damaged sd card...I tried mounting it....nothing. And I'm trying to avoid reformatting because I know that means erase everything off the card. I thought they say you were able to go on google and retrieve your photos or info from a damaged sd card!?!?!....Does anyone know anything about that?

0 Likes