DT Ignite is on my tablet. Are there any android phones w/o this application "baked" in?
rahgor
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't like an app that can't be uninstalled, can turn it self back on (permissions grant it the ability to activate at startup).

Since Verizon refuses to even comment on what it does and how it works, it seems to be designed to do something that I wouldn't like.

Does anyone know if any of the new phones or tablets come w/o this app pre-installed?

Labels (1)
Re: DT Ignite is on my tablet.  Are there any android phones w/o this application "baked" in?
Snn5
Legend

You also have the innopath process installed, but you cant get rid of that either.

0 Likes
Re: DT Ignite is on my tablet. Are there any android phones w/o this application "baked" in?
MaxxMan_1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I, for one, will not stand for this.  If Verizon continues to utilize this I will sever a long term relationship - they should be embarrassed.  This abomination WILL NOT  be on my next phone and of that, you can be assured.

0 Likes
Re: DT Ignite is on my tablet. Are there any android phones w/o this application "baked" in?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Anything carrier branded is a gamble. It appear appear in the next software update for a device if it's not present at the time of purchase. Only way is to buy a Nexus device that is carrier agnostic, to ensure there won't be any awful things besides Google apps installed.

0 Likes
rahgor
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here is what verizon says about the application,

"Customers who already have an S7 will not find new or random apps installed or pushed to their phone after the software update. The Digital Turbine (DT Ignite) software is only active during the initial set-up of a brand new device or if a device goes through a factory reset. Following the initial set up, the software will not push or install new apps at any time in the background. Any app installed through DT Ignite is completely removable and can be uninstalled."

What they don't tell you is that they have the ability to install an app, w/o your knowledge or permission, they just promise not to do so  If you do a factory data reset it becomes active. 

Here are some questions that no one seems to ask?

Does the app have the ABILITY to upload data back to verizon? (not sayin they do but does it?)

Does the app have access to private or storage areas of the phone, such as photographs, messages, emails etc?

Why can't you uninstall the app if you are not interested in any of verizon's "value" apps?

0 Likes