Re: DON'T SWITCH TO SHARE EVERYTHING PLAN - THEY ARE LYING TO YOU
Jiminraleigh
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for the input....I guess that I missed that.

The More Everything plan is new to me and my experience is 48 hours old.  Guess I pooped in the wind.

Thanks for shaking some sense into me!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Jiminraleigh wrote:

Nice Verizon reply... but you left out the obvious...

He should look at service providers with Unlimited data plans. They are common, MUCH cheaper and (with wifi) just as good on coverage....

Once again WHY are you responding to post over a year old? Second if you're using wi-fi why do you need unlimited data? You statement contradicts itself. Are you trying to spam republic wireless? you realize of you keep posting the same thing in multiple threads they will just be deleted.

0 Likes
Jiminraleigh
Contributor - Level 2

NO intent on spamming here and no contradiction on data.

You are correct on my failure to see that the posts were over a year old....and I thanked you for the note.

I have been kicked in the pants by my 25+ year service provider and I am angry - but trying to be fair. Verizon has attempted to add a new plan to compete with other providers - and missed. MY verizon CSR clarifed the gotchas on the new plan, gave me a real price and real consequences. All were higher that every other providers' plan that he and I looked at.

I will restrict my posts to current threads (however few).

My Verizon CSR suggested that I post my concerns here - in full view of everyone - to try to gather some momentum toward change.

I have said nothing inaccurate or dishonest. Hope that you see that a Rolls Royce is not for everyone. Sometimes a Chevy will do (Corvette, if you don't mind).

Thanks again for the heads up...and if you see any innaccuracies in any of my comments, please feel free to correct me (kindly I hope) and I will respond in kind....

Thanks again.

Jim

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Jiminraleigh wrote:

Nice Verizon reply... but you left out the obvious...

He should look at service providers with Unlimited data plans. They are common, MUCH cheaper and (with wifi) just as good on coverage....

This is just not true. Both Sprint and T-Mobile(with supposed "unlimited data plans") have nowhere near the coverage I get with Verizon in my area. Yes, I can get wifi in my home, but that doesn't help with making calls on a Sprint phone. Once I leave my home, my wifi coverage is gone. I suppose I could ask each and every one of my neighbors in the couple of miles surrounding my house for their wifi password so I can have this wifi coverage you speak of, but I don't think that sounds very realistic.

0 Likes
Jiminraleigh
Contributor - Level 2

Maybe I missed something...we were NOT talking about you, I was talking about a child who used a cellphone to run up 1500 dollars in Verizon data charges. Now apply that to the "cost versus coverage" - in the home.

To change the subject to you.... Coverage is super important. You are correct when you focus on YOUR requirement. HOWEVER, 75% of the U.S. can exercise options. All I asked was that options be checked out. Coverage is different - depending on an individual's location. My neighbors have Sprint and are fine with it. I have Verizon, and am fine with it. THERE ARE OPTIONS that are new to the market. ANYONE needing phone service with data and text should TEST available options. The one that I am testing soon is Republic Wireless. If it works-great. If it does not work, so be it.

Verizon is strongly encouraging its customer base to look at other options. I submitted.

Jim

0 Likes
Not applicable

Jiminraleigh wrote:

Maybe I missed something...we were NOT talking about you, I was talking about a child who used a cellphone to run up 1500 dollars in Verizon data charges.  Now apply that to the "cost versus coverage" - in the home.

what you are missing is that person that posted that post that June 8th 2013. nearly a year ago and hasn't been back here since. So there is no point in replying to this thread. It's up to the customer to educate themselves on the product or service they are purchasing. Common sense will tell you that you just can't watch videos all day on a mobile connection. I have a son and he's know what he can and can not do on his phone because I made him aware.

0 Likes
Jiminraleigh
Contributor - Level 2

I agree....but limited data can be a problem for some...and it does not need to be....I guess that is my only point...

Thanks for responding!

Jim

0 Likes
Not applicable

$1500 overage means they went 100 GB over their cap. Sorry 100 GB is a bit excessive. People don't get if everyone used 100 GB a month the network would be slow or non functional.

0 Likes
Jiminraleigh
Contributor - Level 2

I agree that 100GB is very excessive...but his child did it (ignorance-in that he failed to educate her). Question is forgiveness...maybe 1 per year up to some number of meg or Gigabits.... Even my 30 years with VZN (or its predecessor) grants me no special considerations. I love my Verizon!. I am on testing (for the very first time) another carrier to see if the price difference if justified. have stopped mentioning a specific carrier - so the I will not be accused of promoting another company. However, all other carriers that I researched would have done better by this customer.

DATA is the only issue. The VZN CEO announced last month that unlimited data is a killer and he will not allow it. That goes against the market place. Customers want something more than a strict limit. My intent is exactly what my VZN customer service representative suggested - that is, write up my concerns and my research results and, if I can help to facilitate a change, - great. If I can not, than move on.

I have not moved on. I am fighting for change. I tried to add 2 lines to my 3-line account and I was floored by the VZN offers - however, restricting comments that are accurate, honest and sincere would be against everyone's principles.

Would you recommend just telling people the "shut up and bite the bullet" or would you (personally) ask that they review their phone needs and compare the available options in the marketplace. That is what my intent is.

If you feel that being open, honest and informative is innappropriate, let me know.

Jim

0 Likes
Not applicable

A) They went over pay teh overage. If Verizon feel nice in forgiving some or all of it then that's on them. I will say though if it gets around Verizon will forgive 100 GB use 1 time that can lead to a lot of people "accidently' using 100 GB.

B) Unlimited data is unsustainable. If people would actually educate themselves on how mobile data works they would know this by simple math. I'm not taking the time to give a physics lesson when it's most likely going to be ignored by people that don't want to hear the truth anyways. Only about 49% of devices on Verizon's network are 4G devices yet 4G data makes up 73% of the data used on Verizon network. You don't see that as a problem?

C) How is coming here and telling people to go elsewhere when you yourself won't fighting for a change? Also posting on a customer to customer messagebaord isn't going to cause any change anyway.

D) I didn't tell you to "shut up and bite the bullet". I suggested stop spamming other companies. Stop spamming period. When you post the SAME thing in multiple threads it's considered spamming.  Most people that come where with issue actually want to retain Verizon service so telling them to go elsewhere is not a helpful response. You're advice is also bad because the company you recommend hardly has any coverage.  If someone's best solution to an issue with Verizon is to leave by all means they should leave. And I'll tell them that. I'm certainly not going to spam a particular carrier.

0 Likes