DD214 files
sdusmcr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Through several "unexplainable events"  my veteran discount has been removed from my account twice.  I am a Marine Corps Infantry veteran with an honorable discharge.  Twice now, I have been required to submit my DD214 to confirm veteran status.  Today, it happened a third time and I refused to resent my DD214.  If you are a veteran, you stay a veteran, it is not something that goes away.  Simply reviewing my account reveals that this account has had the discount applied twice.  And yet,  Customer Service was unable to reapply the discount, saying I needed to resubmit my DD214 a third time.  When I asked for Verizon Wireless's formal policy stating the handling of the previous files submitted (destruction, storage, etc) no one had any information available.  I was told to "trust them" that "they handle it securely."  What in the hell kind of a response is that?

1. Find out what happened to the files with DD214's image.

2. Reapply the discount! 

3. Modify the policy

If this is not handled promptly and the policy adjusted to be available to its customers, in addition to the lawsuit that will be filed, I will be contacting Veterans Affairs to launch an external review of your company's handling process of veterans files.  This process will become a PR nightmare, and I do not recommend you fall back on this course of action. 

Labels (1)
Re: DD214 files
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sdusmcr

We value your service to our county and want to help get this taken care of. When you had submitted your DD214 to us, did you use the links at this site? http://devices.verizonwireless.com/content/vzw-eStore/military-veterans.html When was the last time you had submitted your DD214 to us for verification of your discount? We look forward to working with you on getting this addressed.

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sdusmcr
Enthusiast - Level 2

The first 2 submissions were in stores.  The most recent time being 8 months ago.

0 Likes
sdusmcr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Investigation request has been submitted to Veterans Affairs Inspector General.   Their involvement will hopefully set a precedence on how Veterans' files are treated by private companies.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, sdusmcr, for your service and for giving us the freedom we have. We want to make sure you receive the discount you deserve. Have you had the opportunity to contact our Validation team? Please contact them thorough this link  https://www.verizonwireless-employmentvalidation.com/contactus/ , I am confident they will be more than happy to assist.

JorgeO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes