DATA USAGE
HASPAT39

Why is my data used up even though I am using Wi-Fi networks all the time.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: DATA USAGE
bearone21
Legend

you might not be connected to the wi-fi or it's a very weak signal & phone switches to the network!!

0 Likes
Re: DATA USAGE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good call out bearone21. There can be a number of things happening to cause mobile data to be used even though you are using Wi-Fi at most times. There may be an issue where the phone may actually not be connected to the Wi-Fi network, also smartphones are designed to use the stronger signal, so if the Wi-Fi signal is weak, the phone will use cellular data.

HASPAT39, I apologize that you have this concern going on with your data. Rest assured I am here to help. Let's troubleshoot the issue further to uncover why your phone is using cellular data instead of Wi-Fi. When did you notice the issue start? What is the make and model of the phone you are using? Have you made any changes to your device around the same time the issue started (software, settings, or etc...)?

GinaU_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes