Couple of Problems - Droid Eris (HTC)
greenjack185

1. can't receive or send MMS or Flix.  tried a hard and soft reset. regular SMS works fine.

2. have verizon DSL at home.  not sure of the POP/IMAP setting to retrieve my verizon.net email on my DROID.

3. downloaded Facebook for Android from the Android Market.  Won't let me refresh to receive new feeds.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Couple of Problems - Droid Eris (HTC)
lauranyc
Enthusiast - Level 2

i haven't had any problems yet with sending MMS or FLIX

in the POP3(incoming mail) field put:  incoming.verizon.net

SMTP (outgoing mail): outgoing.verizon.net

for the facebook app to refresh..i went into the settings and enabled "shake to refresh" and it automatically refreshes every 2 hours so i save battery life...just set it to that and when you open the app shake the phone lightly and it refreshes it

hope this helped

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lauranyc
Enthusiast - Level 2

i haven't had any problems yet with sending MMS or FLIX

in the POP3(incoming mail) field put:  incoming.verizon.net

SMTP (outgoing mail): outgoing.verizon.net

for the facebook app to refresh..i went into the settings and enabled "shake to refresh" and it automatically refreshes every 2 hours so i save battery life...just set it to that and when you open the app shake the phone lightly and it refreshes it

hope this helped

0 Likes
greenjack185

hi,

got the facebook problem and the MMS/flix problem fixed. however, in regards to email set up.........

i put in the info you gave me, but it still says authentication failed. check username/password. I know i put them in right, because i'm sitting at my computer at home, and i just used them to login in to VZ DSL. what am i missing ?

0 Likes
greenjack185

there are two options when adding a new mail account.  Microsoft Exchange and POP/IMAP.  should I be using Microsoft Exchange Active Sync or the POP3/IMAP one ?

0 Likes
greenjack185

worth noting: i only have the $30 unlimited data plan for the droid.  Do I need something else to be able to access my HOME email (verizon.net) on my smartphone ?

0 Likes
greenjack185

problem solved.  had to put

incoming.yahoo.verizon.net             and                  outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

thanks for the help with the other stuff !

0 Likes
lauranyc
Enthusiast - Level 2

hey sorry for the delay in seeing your posts and other questions...but glad you got it fixed!

0 Likes